Non theistic Paganism?

I will keep asking this until you understand completely. I’ve heard that there is a form of germanic paganism (or heathenism) that doesn’t see the gods as deities but as concepts, attributes and ideals. For example: odin is the mind, thor represents the potential strength in an individual human, etc. Is there a... show more I will keep asking this until you understand completely.
I’ve heard that there is a form of germanic paganism (or heathenism) that doesn’t see the gods as deities but as concepts, attributes and ideals. For example: odin is the mind, thor represents the potential strength in an individual human, etc. Is there a name for this sort of paganism, or belief? No supernatural deities, nobody actually looking down upon us from the skies. Also, could you direct me toward places where I can get more information about this?
Not talking about wicca and save the planet stuff. Just wondering why we automatically interpret the Norse characters as deities, supernatural beings. Maybe we are slanted by years of christian thought control?

*Why do we interpret Odin a a god? Why can't he be just a figure, part of the ideal man? Not in a "He actually lived and walked upon this earth before rising up to the heavens where he sits on the right side of the father", but a "Hey, let's invent a guy that is the intellectual ideal of our community, and make him an IMAGINARY example of how we should act?" .
* (Sorry bro, but if you want to be Heathen, then you need to accept the fact that the gods and goddesses are real, and can and DO influence our world and their worshipers. Get over that childish notion that we know better than our ancestor and the you are the top of the food chain. You aren't.) I must disagree with your belief that to be a heathen you must believe in supernatural beings, clearly you haven't roamed these waters very thoroughly, or recently, for the matter. Lol, I'm saying there is evidence that this is what our ancestors actually believed! We might have been led astray. Not saying this is what I think, and therefor better, but this is what they might have thought, and therefor must be taken into consideration. No need to be demeaning...
*(I guess that makes me a non theistic Pantheist then, since God is just Nature to me. idk.) I think the term Pantheistic automatically means you believe he is an actual being, who might not exist as a god in human form to you, but you do believe this deity exists, this supernatural force or being or spirit, call it what you want. Pantheism is theism. Think about it; Pan"theistic".
(Atheists believe all pantheons are just metaphors invented by mankind. I don't see how you're unique except that you find the Germanic gods particularly interesting.) Interesting! I didn't know atheists thought this way. I thought they were all pretty much humanists, no real ideals, or virtues to abide by, just, ya know, live life as it comes sort of thing. Glad you could break my prejudice about atheists. I didn't think most atheists were spiritual.
Anyway, I think this is especially important in germanic mythology because there is evidence that suggests that this is what they believed! Can you believe it? Ancient atheism, possibly interpreted wrong by those who try to revive it.
Update: I don't think my account will be blocked for asking a question twice. You add clarification in details, but questions get dated in a matter of minutes, especially in this category, so I don't think a bit of clarification would hurt ;). Yet more clarification!: In the parenthesis are comments made by other... show more I don't think my account will be blocked for asking a question twice. You add clarification in details, but questions get dated in a matter of minutes, especially in this category, so I don't think a bit of clarification would hurt ;).
Yet more clarification!: In the parenthesis are comments made by other answers to this question, next to them, outside the parenthesis, is the clarification of what I mean.
Update 2: I don't think my account will be blocked for asking a question twice. You add clarification in details, but questions get dated in a matter of minutes, especially in this category, so I don't think a bit of clarification would hurt ;). Yet more clarification!: In the parenthesis are comments made by other... show more I don't think my account will be blocked for asking a question twice. You add clarification in details, but questions get dated in a matter of minutes, especially in this category, so I don't think a bit of clarification would hurt ;).