Should we have a state funeral for Tony Blair?

Next Wednesday suits me. Make it a Twofer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22080238

Update:

Tin God. There's always somebody got to spoil it with minor technicalities.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Would that be after his conviction at his war crimes tribunal? OMG that creature, its a wonder I don't inplode when people dare mention his name in my presence second only to the thing holding office in the WH or maybe bush. Whereas Maggie was loved and mainly loathed, Tony was just loathed. WMD my left one.

so yes he can have one after he submits to the tribunal and since he wont, he's not getting one ever, in fact the only other state funerals likely will be The Queen in a few decades because she seems to be outliving most duracell bunny rabbits.

Source(s): yahooers beware RT is awake.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

No - recent polls show majority support for Blair and Brown to be embalmed and permanently displayed in Madame Tussaud's.

It's hoped the new Rogues Gallery will include images of Col Gaddafi, President Mugabe and - since he's so keen to stay here - Abu Qatada (dead or alive).

• 3 years ago

purely monarchs get state funerals yet I actually desire there is not any public ceremonial funeral for Tony Blair, that is going to likely be a private family individuals affair purely He despatched uk troops right into a conflict that wasn't precise and he knew grew to become into unlawful The tragedy of 9/11 had not something to do with Iraq The reasoning for moving into there grew to become into in reaction to obtained intelligence that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that posed a probability to us and that's what the united kingdom parliament voted on merely till now the invasion Tony Blair grew to become into informed that the intelligence given grew to become into incorrect and that there have been no weapons of mass destruction, consequently why none have been chanced on in a while He would have stopped this there and then yet quite he pressed forward with an unlawful conflict in help of the U. S. Say what you will approximately Saddam Hussein yet owing to this invasion, hundreds of hundreds of persons have lost their lives in view that and the country has to bear bombings and deaths on a regular foundation the only human beings to have benefited are the likes of the U. S. treasury as oil from Iraq maintains to be bought in US funds quite of Euros, which Saddam grew to become into making plans to alter to, the form industries who're profiting on the cost of the Iraqi human beings to rebuild all the wear and tear that grew to become into executed via US and uk troops, the hands manufacturers and investors who have been paid for all the weapons bought, etc

• 7 years ago

Mrs Thatcher is having a military funeral - because she won three elections - which is appropriate bearing in mind her jingoism.

Tony Blair also won three elections and was a bit more classy than her so I think a state funeral would be more appropriate.

It would be quite nice if they were to chuck Bernard Ingham in the box to keep her company.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Preceded by a war-crimes trial and an execution by hanging in Landsberg prison. ( For the sake of tradition. The Americans closed the war crimes facility in 1958, so this may not be practical).

• Lol I love a good BOGOF deal. Poor Blair, hated by the Left for being too right wing and hated by the right for being too left wing. He will never live down Iraq.

• 7 years ago

Hand him over to the Iraqi people , and this should be the public event - let them deal with him as he dealt with them!

• 7 years ago

YES, he should be burnt (preferably before death). What a hypocrite!

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

NO bury or burn him in the US ,for a exorbitant fee .

Source(s): Tony Blair plc.
  • 7 years ago

State execution more like.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.