Kyle asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 7 years ago

Why the United States should cut military spending- Paper ideas?

I'm just looking for a few more examples/sources and a general direction to go with this if you guys could help me. It needs to be 8 Pages so there has to be stuff that can be dug deep into.

So far I have the money could be spent on other programs, military deaths,veterans suffering from PTSD , hatred from other countries. It'd be great if anyone could help me with more ideas and/or sources where I could find a lot of this info. Thanks.

Also it is of note I drew the idea of that we should cut military spending, so I can't switch to the other side like i know someone would say!

Favorite Answer

I am the opposite to you but would add cuts can be made in the multiplication when each branch of the Military want their own system or something.

There are hundred af millions of dollars tied up Hummers in the services that are used when they are unneccessay when all of the main car manufacturers will offer fleet options which are available for a thousand or more.

We have seen in Syria, Libya, and numerous other conflicts where insurgents are using run of the mill commercial vehicles that they have armed in some way, or just for regular transportation

These my 2d for your essay

Chetak

My own view is that the expenditure need to be increased as there is so much equipment which needs to be serviced, updated, replaced etc as they are well clapped out and are past their best by date.

I assume you are in high school because you obviously have no idea where military spending goes. For example, you mention other programs that are already a part of military spending. In other words, most of military spending is the cost of medical and pensions, education and salaries. Another large portion is intelligence and logistics (food, fuel and bullets). Weapons account for very little of the defense budget. So, where exactly do you propose it be cut. Fewer troops? No more retirement? No medical care? No GI Bill? No heat or light or A/C in the barracks. No food? It's not so easy when you know where the money actually goes.

• Byck

I can think of 700 billion reasons to cut/limit military spending. Just think, at 500 billion, you will still have, BY FAR, the world's most powerful military and a ton of allies. Then you'd have 200 billion extra dollars lying around to spend on other things. Maybe you guys could fix your crumbling roads and bridges. Maybe you could pay off some of the debt.

The whole idea is to reduce our military spending to the point that another country can easily take over this country without to much effort. At what point are you going to realized that our military is more important then many things we are giving away so that this president could get reelected.

I think they should. The U.S pays 500 billion more than any other countries, and they are doing just fine in military.

Plus with that extra $100 billion we could start repaying our debt

With the other extra $100 billion we could use in emergencies

I don't think they should at all... We're talking about people who are willing to die for our freedom... and we care more about "spending"? Just keep it the way it is like seriously. This is worse then when the Republicans tried to stop their education, and Obama vetoed that quick as hell!

Source(s): My Thoughts
  • Pat

BECAUSE WE'RE NOT RUNNING TWO WARS ANY MORE DUMBASS.

\