Subjects for Electronics and Communication Engineering?

I am currently in my 4th semester of Electronics and Communication Engineering. Next semester, I have to chose an elective from the following options: 1. Cipher Systems 2. Electronic System Design 3. VLSI/ULSI Process Technology I plan to pursue an MS after my engineering(at least that's the plan, though... show more I am currently in my 4th semester of Electronics and Communication Engineering. Next semester, I have to chose an elective from the following options:
1. Cipher Systems
2. Electronic System Design
3. VLSI/ULSI Process Technology

I plan to pursue an MS after my engineering(at least that's the plan, though I might decide that MBA is a better option, later). Considering that I might go in for MS later, and also considering placements, what subject would be the most useful for me? I need to decide by tomorrow, so please help. The details of each subject are as follows:

1. ECE – 333 CIPHER SYSTEMS [3 1 0 4]
Total number of hours: 48
Some topics in Number theory:
Prime numbers, Euclidian Algorithm, Divisibility, Congruences,Chinese remainder theorem, Discrete algorithms. [07]
Introduction to cipher systems:
Monograph and digraph, linear and shift transformations, affine transformation, Enciphering matrices, Vigenere and Beufort systems, Diffusion and confusion. [07]
New data encryption standards:
Block ciphers-Feistel, DES-SDES, DES, 2DES, 3DES, RC5.Blowfish algorithms, Stream ciphers-RC4, Finite field theory, AES, Rijndael algorithm, Placement of encryption function, Traffic confidentiality, Key distribution. [13]
Public key cryptography and Key management:
Principles of Public-Key Cryptosystems, Hellman and Merkel algorithm, RSA algorithm, Elliptic Curve arithmetic, Elliptic curve cryptography, Key management, Diffie-Hellman key exchange. [10]
Message authentication and Hash functions
Authentication Requirements, Authentication functions, Message Authentication codes, Hash Functions, Security of Hash functions and MACs,Secure Hash Algorithm,Whirlpool,HMAC,CMAC, Digital signatures and authentication protocols.

2. Electronic System Design:

ECE-329 ELECTRONIC SYSTEM DESIGN [3 1 0 4]
Total number of lecture hours =48
Introduction: Electronic system design flow, design stages, methodology, documents and design files,
system requirements, cost, time to market, testing and debugging procedures 2hrs
Electronic components and its properties: Silicon crystal growth (CZ method ,float zone method),Capacitors, types of capacitors, capacitor packaging, resistor, and resistor types, resistor packaging, inductors, switches.
4 hrs
Peripherals :USB host and peripherals controllers, CODEC, headphone, SPDIF, RS232, LCD, I/O
devices, audio/video codec, keyboard, VGA, RF, RF/IO interfaces, buck stick connectors, power
supply, clock circuit, embedded pro section, memory section voltage regulators, current buffers
peripherals, ADC ,DAC, couplers, isolators, high voltage driver circuit, relay board MOSFET,
protection circuit, troubleshooting, control, IO sections, buzzer/LED's, board debugging unit.10hrs
Power Section: Power electronics, voltage references, current references, and voltage regulators, current
buffers and drivers, power distribution network, power isolators, power management techniques, ICs and
Components for power section, packaging details for power components. 6hrs
IO Devices and Displays: Push button switches, board support stand, PCB grooved, JTAG pre and
Debugging , cooling/heat sink, battery backup section, external memory interface, PCB dimension, two
sided, multilayerd boards. 6hrs
Debugging section: Trouble shooting circuits and interfaces, test point design, board debugging unit,
LED indication, control section, JTAG interfaces. 3hrs
SMD components: SMD IC packaging, component packaging, assembling, pad dimensions, through hole components ,TV mother board,CRTs, Multilayer PCBs. 6hrs
Interface: RS232, JTAG, parallel port, USB cable, RCA cable, BNC, multi function probes, high and
low frequency probes, wired and wireless interfaces, components and ICs 3hrs
Soldering and manufacturing: Through hole soldering, wave soldering, SMD soldering, Wavesoldering

3. VLSI/ULSI:

VLSI/ULSI PROCESS TECHNOLOGY [4 0 0 4]
Total Number of Hours: 48
Material Properties: Physical properties, Crystal structure, Miller indices, Packing Density, Defects, Dislocation. [4]
Crystal Growth: Silicon Crystal Growth - Czochralski and Float Zone Technique, Distribution of dopants, Segregation/Distribution coefficient. [3]
Silicon Oxidation: Thermal Oxidation process- Kinetics of Growth, Deal-Grove Model, Impurity Distribution, Masking properties, Oxide thickness characterization, LOCOS, SWAMI
[6]
Photolithography: Photo resists, Lift Off technique, Optical Lithography, masks, photo resists, Pattern transfer, Resolution enhancement techniques. Next generation lithography- electron beam lithography, X-ray lithography, Ion beam lithography. [6]
Diffusion: Basic diffusion process, Fick‘s law, Pre-deposition and drive-in diffusion, Diffusion profile for various dopants, Lateral Diffusion. [6]
Ion Implantation: Range of Implanted Ions, straggle, ion stopping, ion Channeling, Annealing, Rapid Thermal Annealing, Measuring sheet resistance and doping profile. [6]
Etching.
4 answers 4