Need a straight-forward answer: have they found a cure for cancer?

I'm writing a story about a girl who is diagnosed with cancer, and she only has a few months to live, but I've been hearing about a cure for cancer? If this is true it would be great anyway, because it would be a good addition and a plot twist. If not, I guess she'll just have to pass away? She's... show more I'm writing a story about a girl who is diagnosed with cancer, and she only has a few months to live, but I've been hearing about a cure for cancer? If this is true it would be great anyway, because it would be a good addition and a plot twist. If not, I guess she'll just have to pass away?
She's 15 and has cancer in the brain. If there's any holes that can be fixed that would be nice too: she recreationally smokes weed occasionally with her friends, it takes place in present day, and its gonna kill her (when they found it they told her she has 9 months) so is there anything I could fix? I don't know much about this type of cancer.
And if they did find a cure, what was the date it was released and being used? This would help add everything up with dates in the story.