More proof of that Black Americans still face daily racism in America........What do you think?

An African-American nurse who is suing a Flint hospital because she said it agreed to a man’s request that no African-American nurses care for his newborn recalled Monday she was stunned by her employer’s actions. “I didn’t even know how to react,” said Tonya Battle,49, a veteran of the neonatal intensive care... show more An African-American nurse who is suing a Flint hospital because she said it agreed to a man’s request that no African-American nurses care for his newborn recalled Monday she was stunned by her employer’s actions.

“I didn’t even know how to react,” said Tonya Battle,49, a veteran of the neonatal intensive care unit and a nearly 25-year employee of the Hurley Medical Center.

Battle’s lawsuit states a note was posted on the assignment clipboard reading “No African American nurse to take care of baby,” according to the eight-page complaint against the medical center.

Battle said she was working as a registered nurse in Hurley’s neonatal intensive care unit Oct. 31 when a man walked into the NICU, where Battle was at an infant’s bedside. He reached toward the child, according to the lawsuit filed in Genesee County Circuit Court last month.

“I introduced myself to him. ‘Hi, I’m Tonya and I’m taking care of your baby. Can I see your (identification) band?” Battle said, referring to the hospital-issued identification used to identify infants’ parents. “And he said in return, ‘And I need to see your supervisor."

When the charge nurse returned, she told Battle that the father didn’t want African-Americans to care for his child. Further, the charge nurse told Battle that he had rolled up his sleeve to expose what appeared to be a swastika.

The charge nurse passed the request to her supervisor, and Battle was reassigned, according to the complaint.

Even after hospital officials removed the sign that had been placed for a short time on the assignment chart, Battle and other black nurses were not assigned to care for the baby for about a month “because of their race,” according the lawsuit.

“What flashed in my mind is ‘What’s next? A note on the water fountain that says ‘No blacks? Or a note on the bathroom that says ‘No blacks’?” She also said she felt the issue was important enough to pursue the matter legally because she expected Hurley to have turned down such a request.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013/...

This is a small example of the racism most black americans face daily....I witness many of it with my long time boy friend as you can see from the picture that he is black.

What are your thoughts???

How can we cut down on racismin America????