How exactly are women "more empathetic" than men?

Man assaults woman: men in the surrounding area retaliate against him

Woman assaults man: women (and many men) laugh and cheer

Favorite Answer

This idea that women are more empathetic than men, so they wouldn't harm any one, or that they can understand victims better, etc, is a feel-good myth perpetrated by groups with vested interests. I'm not getting in the abortion debate at the moment, but the scores of women who laughed and jeered at the fate of the husband of Catherine Kieu Becker's husband is good-enough proof that not all women are more empathetic than men, or that they are spiritually better than men [cf. Erika Jung]

Indeed, Mr. Chao, indeed. I've seen and heard more than enough of women openly cheering when a man is harmed by a woman to know that the "more empathetic" claim is obviously not true.

But, to be fair, history is a long testament to human's stunning ability to, in certain circumstances, descend into mass sadism directed against certain groups.

Source(s): me.
  • lucine

There are just right watching women who have extra meat on the bones than Beyonce (which who BTW doesn't appear as good as folks make her out to be), so please disregard the shallow fool who recounted someone larger than Beyonce is fats. There's no actual strategy to put an designated dimension on what defines a thick woman due to the fact that all women are available exclusive shapes and, sizes. Some females who declare to be thick are certainly overweight and, simply use it as a means for self esteem enhance nevertheless, don't let the shallow idiots fool you into considering just given that one would not fit some skanky celebrities bodily profile that means they're fat either. EDIT: Bria Myles is the finest one out of all these examples, just indicates how shallow a targeted chink on here is......

Women are not more empathetic than men. It's a myth that needs to go by the wayside. It creates unfair expectations on either gender, to be categorized in behavioral areas. We are all individuals.

They aren't. IMO, women's empathy is very basic and simple (example: penis=bad, vagina=good kind of thinking) while men's empathy tend to be more rational; a man can feel empathy or not based on actions and attitudes (most guys don't like rapists) while women only care about sharing genitalia (they even support criminals as long as the victimizer is a woman and the victim is male).

I believe behind women's apology of gender related violence lies a narcissistic personality disorder; this makes them gynocentric, selfish and apathetic towards men (this way of "thinking" is what makes feminism so successful amongst women).

I also believe women's narcissistic personality disorder is behind the "aesthetic superiority" dogma they love so much. Their predilection for rendering the male body “objectively inferior” regarding looks goes hand in hand with their ubiquitous tendency to minimize misandry; they use their homosexual cognitive bias as an excuse for a form of sexual bigotry they consider normal and, taking into account their apathy towards men’s feelings, harmless.

women are not more empathatic than men. I'm a woman and I feel bad for people but I'm not that sensitive to it. I will help someone in need but I will not cringe because it does hurt me that badly. I have little emotions. I used to be very sensitive now I barely feel a thing. Women are desensitized at a young age by mothers and society. Everyone, especailly,mothers has a certain kind ofhate for their daughters and other women. I was abused very badly by my mom just like plenty of other little girls. I used to be emempathatic almost to an extreme, but my mom beat it out of me. Women have little feelings in america, their feelings are beaten out at a young age

I think men are more empathetic than women. We can see it everwhere. If a man or woman has his penis cut off - Women laugh their heads off at this poor man. If a woman is raped and killed in places like India - Men are horrified and find it saddening.

It is a myth that women are more empathetic...A myth that we are seeing to be false day by day.

They're not. I lack empathy completely, and I thoroughly enjoy watching others suffer. If I see people crying, I have no idea how to react or what to do.

Women are seen as weak, fragile, feminine, sensitive, docile and child-like. Men are seen as strong, dominant, aggressive, masculine and emotionless. Seeing another gender take on aspects of the other is seen as entertaining and somewhat laughable. Men attacking those who are seen as children, weak and fragile is known as unfair and terrible - just like assaulting children.

If people didn't see women as weak and stupid, people would react differently. Many women have no empathy since the beginning of time, so it isn't caused by Feminism.

I think women are thought of, not necessarily consciously, as children. Small and frail, so it's blasphemy to hurt them, but if they hurt someone, they are so weak that it's funny to watch them try.

Or at least that is what I observe.

• Q

Studies tend to show this, but I believe it's largely a socialized behavior. I'm not going to look up the study (you could look up stacks of them, if you were really interested, but know that it's boring and hard, like any -real- research that feminists and psychologists do) but what really stuck with me from one was that, once male participants were offered MONEY if they were able to accurately read people's emotions and thoughts, the male participants' empathetic abilities rose dramatically, though not quite to the level of the female participants. Before, when the same men weren't offered monetary compensation for correct answers, their scores were abysmal compared to the women's.

If you want specifics ... What is usually shown is that women are usually better able to read people's emotions, predict their motives, and predict what they are going to do next. Women are more likely to try to understand how other people feel, and more likely to react adversely to seeing people in pain.

For instance: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382859/Os...

How does Hillary Clinton look different in this picture than the men around her, while watching even Bin Laden be killed?

Simply put, women are more likely to put themselves in someone else's shoes.

• Rachel L5 years agoReport

Oh please! Hillary was freaking enjoying it!