Benefit fraud? will they get caught?

I know someone who is claiming single parent benefits, housing benefits ect, With her working partner living with them, they have been saving up the benefit money for a mortgage and live off the working partners wages. Is this benefit fraud? and wont they get caught for this?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I'd just like to know what flippin planet the respondant before me is living on ... we're not talking about a bottle of panda pops here and there but large scale benefit theft. No-one knows the real cost but something like £500 per honest person per year is almost certainly an underestimate.

So if you're happy when you can't go on holiday again this year and you see scroungers flying off to Med again, hopefully you're sense of self righteousness will be enough to keep you warm.

• hillis

I doubt it is fee strong, but criminals must no longer be left to get away with it. That said, probably if work paid, and more work was in the market, people can be less inclined to commit fraud. There are persons on the dole who languish there for years. They might have learned a alternate in that time, or bought a measure, or whatever else of use. It's no just right urging persons to get off the dole speedily, to improve their efficiency figures, to go into low paid transitority agency work they hate, with a purpose to both come to an finish soon, or they will walk far from, and go back by means of the revolving door of the dole office. A working wage wants to be ample to pay the expenditures, without inn to advantages. The foremost fraud I see are "giro drops" - rented council houses which formally have a tenant, however now not a soul indicates up from one week to the subsequent, utilizing the deal with to assert a single man or woman's benefit, while co-habiting with a associate. If we could deal with these, the housing challenge may just become much less extreme than we suppose.

It is fraud and they will get caught eventually because the benefit office check out all bank accounts, obviously he will give her address for his salary, tax etc and it all balances out on the same computer as benefit office. Big brother is watching us everywhere and they always find out, if you get involved you will get dragged through the court with them as a witness to this crime, there was one recently in the newspaper about the same thing, good luck

• ?

"I think if you have this desire to expend your energy on ensuring the fiddlers of our country are booked to rights why don t you bang on the door of your MP and get him/her to chase after fellow MPs and banksters who continue to milk the gravy train and deliberately rip us off in terms of millions upon millions of pounds - and why such people are usually rewarded with a Knighthood or a big fat pension."

You are not "rewarded" with a pension, it is something you get as part of the job package. Furthermore, bankers may have taken excessive risks in order to gain bigger returns and therefore qualify for bigger bonuses, but that is not "fiddling" anything, that is simply being unacceptably risky.

And yes, some MP's may well have fiddled money on expenses, but it clearly never amount to "millions upon millions of pounds".

Clearly you are another one of the frothing at the mouth "Jealous little boys and girls" brigade, but using clearly untrue and inaccurate information only serves to weaken any argument you may have, and to be honesty, you didn't really have one in the first place.

People do get caught but only if someone whisleblows. If you don't report them thre is every chance they won't get caught I'm afraid. This is your resopnsibility now!

But yes, it is benefit fraud and they would be in big trouble with the law.

• MYRTEL

I think if you have this desire to expend your energy on ensuring the fiddlers of our country are booked to rights why don t you bang on the door of your MP and get him/her to chase after fellow MPs and banksters who continue to milk the gravy train and deliberately rip us off in terms of millions upon millions of pounds - and why such people are usually rewarded with a Knighthood or a big fat pension.

Funny people are so quick to "grass" on eachother while the MP`s carry on ripping us all off generation after generation.

one day the pathetic general public of this country might wake up and point both barrels in the right direction.

MP`s must look out of the windows of parliament and see the masses go by and think "you stupid stupid BAST**** , you have no idea , thanks for the life style".

Hopefully. Maybe you should do the right thing & stop letting our taxes keep going up from these cheating leeches that are wasting taxpayer money & keeping the money from someone who truly needs it.

I'm curious on why are you so concerned? Obviously, this person was your friend along the way for you to know this information n was just wondering on why would you consider getting them into trouble? (Your asking, your considering.)

I honestly am not trying to be mean but I wonder what goes thru people's minds on this. Why would you get into their mess? It's like for example, you see someone go thru line at your local store. The cashier doesn't see the bottom of the cart ahead of you, and the person doesn't point it out. However, the woman BEHIND YOU, the Helpful Hannah, yells out,'oh! You forgot your soda!'

Then it's Helpful Hannah's turn in line a few days later, she's in a hurry, and same thing happens to her, however, no one points it out. She gets to her car, and 9 times outta 10, she does not run back inside to pay for the soda or whatever the clerk 'forgot' to ring up. She's in a hurry n is late picking up her abusive husband from work, and if she's late again, he's going to punch her in the face again.

SEE?

What goes around comes around.

Quit being jealous, live your life, don't worry about them. And if your were their friend, they have waaaay more to worry about you throwing them under the bus.

I'm sure your a wonderful person, but just think first. You can't take that back. ;)

Definitely fraud. If you have their name and address you can report them on a special phone number-----------0800 854 440----------in confidence.

I got reported when my daughter's washing machine broke down so I had her hubby's underwear on my line!