Surrendering a dog? Please read before insistently judging me?

I'm pretty from up about the situation I'm in and I need some advice from people who don't have an emotional attachment to me or my family.. So here it goes. I was asked by a former co worker if I wanted a older puppy. Her dog had a litter and she had both parents and 4 pups. We were in the market for... show more I'm pretty from up about the situation I'm in and I need some advice from people who don't have an emotional attachment to me or my family.. So here it goes. I was asked by a former co worker if I wanted a older puppy. Her dog had a litter and she had both parents and 4 pups. We were in the market for another dog as ours had passed away about a year ago. She told us that the pup was great with kids, house broken, crate trained from birth knew some commands and had been to the vet and determined healthy.
So after about a month of asking us she started posting that the pups would be going to the ASPCA and that just broke my heart after seeing this post for a week straight.
We decide to take a puppy.
We pick puppy up where we get paperwork that shows us pups have only had one vet visit the day we picked up and they have 3 kinds of worms this girl was treating on her on for well over a month.. We were given meds from the vet and told it would clear up very soon with them. It did not... ( I have a baby, who was 13 months when we got the dog) we got more meds from vet and told to keep our baby away until worms cleared, we ended up needing 3 rounds of meds.
At the same time we learned that puppy is the furthest from house broken, is not at all crate trained and is not at all good with children in the least bit.
We tried crate training for several weeks, but stopped after several complaints from neighbors, our child being kept up all night and a subsequent visit from police because our dog sounds as if he is being tortured while in the crate.
When around my baby our pup pees on him, nips at his face and relentlessly jumps on him or at him if he has food or toys. This has caused 2 very large nasty goose eggs on our baby's farhead and visits to GP. In addition, our son is becoming fearful of dogs. Our GP asks us questions like " are you going to wait until something serious happens to give up the dog". My in laws are consistently on my case hounding me to "put my ch
Update: Child first. We have taken our pup to training classes at 2 different locations,had a trainer come to the house in addition to already having life long experience with dogs. We are at our wits end. This dog has learned all sorts of commands like sit, stay, drop it but will not go to the bathroom outside, will not... show more Child first.
We have taken our pup to training classes at 2 different locations,had a trainer come to the house in addition to already having life long experience with dogs.
We are at our wits end. This dog has learned all sorts of commands like sit, stay, drop it but will not go to the bathroom outside, will not leave our child alone and continues to pee on him, harasses my cat and chews whatever he can get his mouth on. It's driving us mad.
We keep him in the kitchen because we can not trust him anywhere else or outside.
We have been trying to cope with this for 8 months.
When would you call it quits? We want to but we can not stand the treatment we received over simple advice we seemed from the ASPCA. They treated us like dirt for even entertaining the thought. But this dog has no happiness here at all. He simply lives in our kitchen or is alone in our yard because he can not safely be around my child or my cat. What to do?
Update 2: Thank you for answering so quickly Darlene. It's 3:15am where I am so as you can see this is keeping me up at night. Our last trainer said our baby has to show dominance over the dog before his behavior will change but our son isn't even 2 yet. He doesn't understand rank. Our son is doing the exact... show more Thank you for answering so quickly Darlene. It's 3:15am where I am so as you can see this is keeping me up at night.
Our last trainer said our baby has to show dominance over the dog before his behavior will change but our son isn't even 2 yet. He doesn't understand rank. Our son is doing the exact opposite as he loves puppy kisses, which he gets from other family members dogs by putting his head in their face. He gives up food in his hand to avoid having his hands/face nipped or knocked over. I'm just afraid today a nip, tomorrow stitches or something even more serious.
Update 3: Jane, thank you for your advice. I did get to add the rest of the situation I additional details. We did tell her by Facebook and voice mail. She posted a photo of another puppy she adopted a month after we took this pup from her, which is when she also turned in 3 other pups. I don't know what she's doing,... show more Jane, thank you for your advice. I did get to add the rest of the situation I additional details. We did tell her by Facebook and voice mail. She posted a photo of another puppy she adopted a month after we took this pup from her, which is when she also turned in 3 other pups. I don't know what she's doing, seems like she's trading dogs. I did also learn that children were on the property but the puppies never left the barn but I only learned that recently. I did not pay for the dog, only paid her for his first vet visit. I am not cut out for re homing. We tried Craig's list but only got 2 creepy responses. I do t want the dog harmed so I won't just give him to anyone but I can't keep living like this either. My husband has no attachment to him whatsoever so we fight a out the right thing to do every day