Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Why are Designer labels so expensive, and considered luxurious? What is so unique about them?
BCBG Max Azaria ( also known as BCBG )
Calvin Klein ( not really considered designer )
Diane Von Furstenberg
House Of Holland
Oscar Le Renta
Rock & Republic
Tiffany & Co.
Yves Saint Laurent ( YSL )
most of them are just so plain & dull, I don’t get it.
is it because some are of real gold, genuine leather & authentic fur?
but you don’t need to buy from a designer label to get real gold, leather, or fur!
I feel like companies are just swindling people for money, because more than half of these designers have been deceased for the longest. Is my theory true? how does a coach purse have more better quality, whats is made of that costs so much $?
Is there a fashion expert on here that can explain this to me more clearly? thankyou.
I honestly find more choices at normal stores like wetseal, or khols, or rainbow, siren, - stores at the mall.
- 8 years agoFavorite Answer
To say a Balenciaga dress is "plain & dull" compared to something at Kohl's, is a stretch. I really wouldn't take your argument that far.
1. Couture designers provide higher quality control; better raw materials, unique designs (until they get copied), etc. They have designers working for them. They don't produce as many items, so those items have exclusivity.
2. They are a status symbol. If you can afford an Hermes Birkin, then you are loaded. Though, like Kreayshawn says, basic b*tches love louis vuitton, a lot of women splurge on products that they really can't afford, just to look cool. if you can't afford it, don't be stupid and waste your money!
3. Normal stores mass-produce clothing at what are essentially sweat shops. They usually copy designs from others--Forever21 is especially notorious for this. They provide you cheap prices, because the fabrics/manufacturing were cheap.
4. You can't compare something plastic to quality leather; you can't compare crappy leather to quality leather. I wouldn't buy a basic tshirt for $100 just because it says Fendi on it, but I'd buy a nice purse because I know it'd last me a lifetime and it was well-made.
5. Literal haute couture is expensive because it is custom-fitted. Ready-to-wear is less expensive, but still $$$. If Lanvin made $10 shirts, they'd be sold out in a heartbeat; they don't produce as many of each product as say, Target, so you're partly paying for exclusivity.
6. The real answer--BECAUSE THEY CAN. I'm sure Burberry could sell their coats at 50% off and still made a profit, but people will buy them at the cost they are, so they keep it that way. If you cheapen your brand by making it available at like, Ross, it'll lose that sense of eliteness that people pay for; so, you have to make your brand expensive to SEEM like it's exclusive/elite/etc.
- Anonymous7 years ago
I actually have got a promotion email from this outlet store and then acquired one there. Not fully awesome on the shipping speed however does save you approximately 77% and joyful to have this discount. The quality is truly great and also till today never find a flaws.Source(s): http://www.hermesbirkin.us.com/
- 5 years ago
If you want to find out landscaping from experts then this is your place https://tr.im/PhXRb , Ideas 4 Landscaping, an simple, efficient and consumer-friendly online gallery for landscaping inspiration to design and style your dream landscape. Within this enormous database, you'll locate 1000s of landscaping pictures element in 60 classes.
With Ideas 4 Landscaping you will understand how to make: backyards, front yards, gardens, patios, decks, walkways, lawns and a lot of far more...
This enormous collection of photographs, concepts, and simple phase-by-step specifics is made to assist property owners make some progress with their plan to liven up their house with the best landscaping.