When does alcoholic hepatitis (live inflammation from alcohol) occur (see details)?

It is my understanding that the liver will heal from alcoholic hepatitis and go back to normal after many months of not drinking and having a healthy diet. However, I don't understand when or how alcoholic hepatitis occurs. Does it occur every time a person drinks? Does it occur with just a few drinks... show more It is my understanding that the liver will heal from alcoholic hepatitis and go back to normal after many months of not drinking and having a healthy diet.

However, I don't understand when or how alcoholic hepatitis occurs. Does it occur every time a person drinks? Does it occur with just a few drinks (normal drinking)? Or does somebody have to abuse alcohol and drink heavily for it to occur? Even then, does it occur with one binge or does it take a prolonged abuse of alcohol (like many days, weeks or even months)?
Update: Baa Baa- Thanks for the info. And by "binge drinking" I mean weekend-length (2-3 days at times) binging once every 2 or 3 weeks on average. Very heavy, severe abuse when drinking. Seeming inability to stop drinking once started. Drinking to the extent of peeing himself multiple times and even pooping... show more Baa Baa- Thanks for the info. And by "binge drinking" I mean weekend-length (2-3 days at times) binging once every 2 or 3 weeks on average. Very heavy, severe abuse when drinking. Seeming inability to stop drinking once started. Drinking to the extent of peeing himself multiple times and even pooping himself a couple times. Passing out while driving and veering off the road or passing out in public like on the sidewalk in front of the liquor store. Hard liquor (40% alc) and lots of it very quickly. Kind of "slamming" so to speak.