Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 7 years ago

migration in comb duck bird?

Favorite Answer

Comb Duck (Sarkidiornis melanotos, locally called Nakta in India) is a found in large freshwater wetlands in sub-Saharan Africa, Madagascar and south Asia from Pakistan to Laos and extreme southern China. It also occurs in continental South America south to the Paraguay River region in eastern Paraguay, southeastern Brazil and the extreme northeast of Argentina, and Trinidad. They prefer places that are away from human settlements.The comb duck is so called because the male has a round knob on top of the bill. Comb duck prefers fresh water swamps and lakes in tropical lowlands. Comb Duck is mainly found in the Northern parts of India especially in the state of Haryana.

It is a non migratory resident bird, apart from dispersion in the wet season.

I'm definitely a night owl. Ever since my school days was over back in 1993, I started staying up all night and sleeping half the day. My nights and days are backwards. I enjoy the night time better than the day. It's more quiet, peaceful and not quite as hot. Though I must admit, it's VERY HARD to get up early for appointments and stuff (or when I have to go to a certain store that closes at an early time) when I'm not used to being up in the daytime. That's the worst part about living the night life.

to escape harsh weather of Russia