Acceleration issue? TPS?

I own a 2000 Acura Integra GS. It is not VTEC. Lately I have been having a problem with my car. The problem ONLY occurs between 30-40 mph and does not happen every time I'm driving. Sometimes I will go for days without any problems and other times it will happen multiple times in one day. What's... show more I own a 2000 Acura Integra GS. It is not VTEC. Lately I have been having a problem with my car. The problem ONLY occurs between 30-40 mph and does not happen every time I'm driving. Sometimes I will go for days without any problems and other times it will happen multiple times in one day.

What's happening is that while I am pressing the accelerator, my car will suddenly start having difficulty accelerating and a strange noise (as if something is stuck) can be heard quite loudly. Once I'm over the 40mph mark everything goes back to normal immediately. Also, if I release the accelerator when this happens the noise stops immediately, but if I'm still between the 30-40mph mark and press the accelerator again the problem will come right back.

A new issue that has happened twice within the last month is while driving, my car suddenly did a strange rocking motion. This went away in less then 30 seconds.

I've taken my car in twice for this acceleration problem, but because it does not happen every time the shop was unable to reproduce the problem and did nothing. A friend of a friend who is good with cars but has not witnessed the issue himself believes it may be my throttle position sensor. Was hoping to get some other opinions before I start replacing things willy nilly.