RESEARCH TOPICS! POLICE BRUTALITY?

My topic is about police brutality in America but my professor says I need to narrow it down a bit more. I was thinking police brutality towards African Americans or police brutality towards protesters. She says both of these topics are fine but I have to be aware of the argument and counter-arguments. Are research papers supposed to have arguments? And if there are other good topics out there relating to police brutality please share! Thanks.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

All papers done on a topic of research will have a Pro / Con to validate the rational of each sides

research and methodology about a topic.

See Wikipedia: Police Brutality in the United States.(many aspects to choose from and draw either side)

Interesting to see INCIDENT as 26,556 complaints were filed in 2002, about 2,000 had Merit.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

police brutality towards African Americans is a very sensitive topic, therefore i advise you do a research topic on police brutality towards rioters. the Los Angeles riots in 1992 were some of the biggest riots in us history. here is a link for you to read up on about it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riot... - that would be a good case to base an argument on. show both sides of the argument, why the police feel the need to be so brutal, and why this is an injustice to the people, decide which side you are on, the police, or the peoples. make this clear after you have expressed both sides of the argument. research what the police actually do in riots, which part of this treatment is too brutal, this tells you how treatment works http://www.howstuffworks.com/riot-control.htm. back up your argument with cases and facts, maybe even statements from the police or victims of police brutality to back up your point and give the reader somebody to empathise with. you could even compare the ways america deals with riots to the way england deals with them, and the way other countires deal with them and waht proves to be most effective.

• 7 years ago

I think what your teacher means is to express both sides in your research paper. The Internet is a great source for you to look up stories of police brutality. However for the other side of that, you should go down to your local police station and ask to speak to an officer for a research paper, when you ask the officer, tell him/her the paper is on police brutality but you are getting both views and you would like to hear what he/she has to say about the fine line police walk in regards to excessive force. The officer should be happy to help if you ask respectfully just as I illustrated.

• James
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Go and look up police brutality against truck drivers. They held 2 Congressional hearings on it and both times found they are treated far worse than any other group in America at the hands of the police. There you will find out what the police are capable of doing and being. Enough to make you puke.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Get a No Cost Background Check Scan at https://bitly.im/aOkmx

Its a sensible way to start. The site allows you to do a no cost scan simply to find out if any sort of data is in existence. A smaller analysis is done without cost. To get a detailed report its a modest payment.

You may not realize how many good reasons there are to try and find out more about the people around you. After all, whether you're talking about new friends, employees, doctors, caretakers for elderly family members, or even significant others, you, as a citizen, have a right to know whether the people you surround yourself with are who they say they are. This goes double in any situation that involves your children, which not only includes teachers and babysitters, but also scout masters, little league coaches and others. Bottom line, if you want to find out more about someone, you should perform a background check.

• Cee
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Most of the time it's justifiable force against naughty folk who should learn to behave themselves, but occasionally one or more cops take it upon themselves to be a pr!ck and bring shame to the uniform.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.