How to Kill the Why game with toddlers?

I have a 3 year old niece, and she's not that

curious. But whenever I babysit her she asks if I'll 'stay there for the ever' and when I say I can't, she goes 'WHHHHY???'

And no matter what answer I give, she goes 'WHHHHHY?'

How do I kill the why game? What can I say?

Favorite Answer

I have always said "Why do you think *whatever they were asking why about*?"

It leads to some interesting discussions.

• ?

All you can do is distract her with something, like a toy. When my nephew was a young toddler (he'll be turning 5 this September <3 ), I went through the same thing. One time, after it went on for almost 10 minutes, I just bursted out laughing. He stopped, looked at me, and forgot to ask me any more "why" questions. That's what I did from then on, and it worked almost every time! :)

The Why Game

It's not a why game, it's toddlers trying to learn about their world. They all do it. Because to them everything is brand new and fascinating.

Just stop responding altogether to the word "why".

there isn't much you can do except stop talking to the kid, or give her something else to do.