promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Good Piano Piece to play in front of an audience? HELP ?

The audience is not going to be adults, but 26 high-school students and a teacher.

I want to pick a song for them to play, but I cannot decide on which one. Rather, would you recommend me one?

I was thinking to play The Heart Asks Pleasure First by Michael Nyman or Mrs Darcy by Dario Marianelli but maybe those aren't good choices. Some say The Heart Asks Pleasure First has a boring temp and others say Mrs Darcy is too simple or slow. I am intermediate so my classmates except me to play an "amazing piece" because most of them are beginners. Please do not recommend me to play Fur Elize or Moonlight Sonata because I know how to play many classical songs.

Recommendations can be classical, unpopular piano pieces, but NOT famous pop songs. Please.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Beast
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Dear Marta, How would you feel about "Rhapsody in Blue" by Gershwin or Bach's "Solfeggio"? Maybe "Rush Hour in Hong Kong"? Would you be able to find piano adaptions of music from "Harry Potter"? There are wonderful up-tempo suggestions from Mendelssohn's "Songs Without Words" that might be perfect. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Source(s): classically trained pianist - organist
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Chopin's Waltz Op.64 No.1

Yiruma - A River Flows in You

You can play Moonlight Sonata ( I know you said not to recommend that ) but you can play the 3rd movement which is pretty hard

Sunflower

• 7 years ago

From Pride and Prejudice:

Georgiana

Dawn

Classical Sonatas that i am playing right now:

Sonata Hob. xvi:34 by Haydn

Sonata Op. 2, No.1 by Beethoven

• 7 years ago

Oceans etude chopin

something by phillip glass if you're into contemporary stuff.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Bella's lullaby

• 7 years ago

I'm not sure how advanced you are, but you could try Schubert Liszt's Erlkonig, if you can play octaves well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHE0Ibz19YI

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.