What Book Would You Recommend For Me?

Hi!

I am in between book series' right now and am a little frustrated with trying to find a new one. So, here I am asking for the consensus.

Here is some (hopefully) helpful info:

23 year old female

Interested in Fantasy, Fiction, Teen, YA, Historical Fiction, Mystery...etc

Books I've Loved:

Harry Potter

LOTR

Infernal Devices/Mortal Instruments Series

Beautiful Creatures Series

Game of Thrones Series

Vampire Academy

Artemis Fowl

Chronicles of Narnia

The Hunger Games Series

Wicked

Inheritance Series

Anything by:

Ursula K. Leguin

Dan Brown

Robin Mckinley

Ann Rice

Thanks for the suggestions!

-Shae

**It doesn't have to be a series. They just last longer. One great stand alone book would be just fine.

Best Answer

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

*The Golden Lily

*The Indigo Spell

*The Fiery Heart - releases November 19, 2013

Note: This is the spin off to Vampire Academy and features Sydney, Adrian, Eddie and Jill as the main characters.

The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver

*Soul Thief

*Forgiven

*Foretold

Note: This series has it all - kickass heroine, hero with a heart of gold and a plot that will keep your head spinning. I'm just bummed that it's ended already. But it's easily one of my favorite paranormal series, and the characters are some of my most favorite of all time.

Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

*Spark

*Spirit - releases May 28, 2013

Note: This series is about the Merricks - four brothers who get into tons of trouble because they can control the elements. This is one addicting series, and I'm totally in love with Gabriel! I would suggest that you read the short story, Elemental, first because it's a prequel to Storm. It can be read in the paperback copy of Storm, or bought as an ebook.

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

*Through the Ever Night

Note: This is a really great sci-fi dystopian series. Aria, a dweller from a pod city where everything is controlled and life is lived virtually, gets into some trouble when an Outsider breaks his way into Reverie. It's such a great series and I totally adore the romance. And I LOVE Roar so much! He's one of my favorite secondary characters ever.

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

*Scarlet

Note: This is basically a sci-fi/dystopian retelling of Cinderella. I enjoyed reading it and I especially loved the sci-fi twist, but at times it could be a little meh. I am still looking forward to reading the next one however.

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

*Siege and Storm - June 4, 2013

Note: I read this last summer and it was INCREDIBLE. Definitely one of my favorite books of 2012. Alina is such an awesome heroine. I loved her so much. I won't say anymore though because this is one of those books you really shouldn't know too much about before reading. But it was so amazing. I can't wait for the next one!

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

*Magic Study

*Fire Study

Note: One of my favorites. :) Yelena is such a strong heroine. I don't know about you, but she's the only character (female or otherwise) who learns how to use a bo staff. Pretty cool. And I really loved the romance in this as well. I think I may even have to reread it eventually.

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

*Dark Triumph

Note: Love. This. Series. I mean, come on. Assassin nuns? It doesn't get much cooler than that! Grave Mercy is French history with fantasy and magic tied in. I loved all the female badassery these books consist of. There is quite a lot of political intrigue in book #1 (not quite as much in bk #2), and I realize that might bore some people, but I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this series. I'm totally dying for the 3rd book!!

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

*Days of Blood and Starlight

Note: I just LOVE reading anything by Laini Taylor because she's an awesome writer. DoS&B involves angels and wishes. I'm excited to read the next one!

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

*Hallowed

*Boundless

Note: I really liked Unearthly since it was a unique twist on angel mythologies and whatnot, but I don't love that there's a love triangle. I think that's why I haven't gotten around to reading Hallowed yet. But still a good series that gets plenty of decent reviews.

Chime by Franny Billingsley

Note: One of my favorite books. As soon as I finished, I wanted to flip it back around and start it again. I really loved it. Hope you will too. :) I believe there are some spin-off books planned as well, though no word on their release dates yet.

The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell

*The Springsweet

*The Elementals - releases June 4, 2013

Note: The Vespertine was an interesting mix of historical and paranormal elements and it was just so cool. I really loved it. Haven't read The Springsweet yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood

*Star Cursed - releases June 18, 2013

Note: I was completely hooked by the first chapter. Totally fun read if you like witches.

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

*Desires of the Dead

*The Last Echo

*Dead Silence - releases April 16, 2013

Note: I read TBF recently and I loved it! I absolutely adored the romance, but it's also a suspenseful thriller with some paranormal stuff thrown in.

If you're interested in reading some adult paranormal romance stuff:

*The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward

*The Succubus series by Richelle Mead (if you haven't already read that)

*Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill

*The Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost

• A Tale of Two Cities – Charles Dickens

And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie

Animal Farm - George Orwell

ANY books by Cornelia Funke should be great for Percy Jackson/Harry Potter fans. :)

Brother Grimm - Craig Russell

Cirque Du Freak Series - Darren Shan

Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card

Eragon Series - Christopher Paolini

Game of Thrones - George Martin

His Dark Materials Series - Philip Pullman

Perfume: the Story of a Murderer - Patrick Suskind

Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chobsky

Ready Player One - Ernest Cline

The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared - Jonasson

The Catcher of the Rye by J.D. Salinger

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman

The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald

The House of Silk - Anthony Horowitz

The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde

The Shadow Of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

The Road - Cormac McCarthy

From the list of books you have mentioned I read and enjoyed :

Harry Potter

Game of Thrones Series

Vampire Academy

The Hunger Games Series

That is why I am recommending "The Host" for you. Please do give it a chance. I know a lot of people don`t want to try reading a Stephenie Meyer`s book. But I can honestly say it is her best work. I loved it. It is definitely one of my top 5 books.

A summary(I took somewhere from yahoo answers because I suck at it): It's a science fiction novel with an Invasion of the body snatchers type of story mixed with romance. Aliens have come to Earth and are being implanted in the human's brains, thus taking over their bodies. The humans have pretty much lost the battle. One alien, Wanderer is implanted in the brain of one human survivor, Melanie. But Wanderer soon finds that Melanie's consciousness is not fading away as she is supposed to.

It has been made into a movie. At first I was excited. And at the same time worried how it would be translated into a movie. Because quite a bit of the book takes place inside the main characters head(done beautifully if I may say so).

I am afraid they have butchered the movie. From what I have heard. Please do not watch the movie before you have read the book.

I don't think I've seen anyone recommend The Wheel of Time series. Its my favorite fantasy series ever. There are 13 books to the series and each one ranges from 500-900 pages. I don't really know how to summarize this, so I'm just going to say to go buy it and read it.

Gone With The Wind

The Secret Keeper - Kate Morton

Withdrawing from a family party to the solitude of her tree house, sixteen-year-old Laurel Nicolson witnesses a shocking murder that throughout a subsequent half century shapes her beliefs, her acting career, and the lives of three strangers from vastly different cultures.

One breath away - Heather Gudenkauf

In the midst of a sudden spring snowstorm, an unknown man with a gun walks into an elementary school classroom. Outside the school, the town of Broken Branch watches and waits. Officer Meg Barrett holds the responsibility for the town's children in her hands. Trapped in her classroom, Evelyn Oliver watches for an opportunity to rescue the children in her care. And thirteen-year-old Augie Baker will risk her own safety to protect her little brother. As tension mounts with each passing minute, the hidden fears and grudges of the small town are revealed as the people of Broken Branch race to uncover the identity of the stranger who holds their children hostage.

You don't want to know - Lisa Jackson

Ava has spent most of the past two years in and out of Seattle mental institutions, shattered by grief and unable to recall the details of Noah's disappearance. Now she's back at the family estate she once intended to restore to its former grandeur. But as Ava's mind comes back into focus, her suspicions grow. Ava can't shake the feeling that her family and her psychologist know more than they're saying.

Gone girl - Gillian Flynn

On the morning of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick's wife Amy suddenly disappears. The police immediately suspect Nick. Amy's friends reveal that she was afraid of him, that she kept secrets from him. He swears it isn't true. A police examination of his computer shows strange searches. He says they aren't his. And then there are the persistent calls on his cell phone. So what really did happen to Nick's beautiful wife?

Landwhig's Pride-5th token of life. a new ebook I found on amazon and read twice already.

On the cover is a green sword.I know this may turn people of, but the lead character is a black girl.

The book is in a class by itself. I can't stop sharing it.

You would really like rhe lorien legacy (the I am #4 books) or a trilogy called matched which is a dystopian romance very similar to the hunger games.

Source(s): Read them my self

I really enjoyed "The Cat Who" series, even though it doesn't match your genre request. It's a detective series, and no romance. Just a cat and a retired journalist.

Lillian Jackson Braun

Why settle for a series? Why not just try to find a brilliant book that stands up on its own?

FANTASY:-

Books by nicky charles:-

-The finding

-The keeping

-The mating

-Bait (annie nicholas)

-Touch of crimson (sylvia day)

-A dark kiss of rapture (sylvia day)

TEEN:-

Books by lietha wards:-

- Billionaires secret desire

- Greek tycoon

- Lumber and lace

Books by rebecca abott miller

- Build my world

- Going home

- hannahs blessing (collette scott)

- hired by the cowboy (donna alward)

- married by mistake (abby gains)

- passion to die for (marilyn pappano)

- the inconvenient dutches (christine merrill)

Books by ruth ann nordin

-bride for tom

-eye of the beholder

-his redeeming bride

-husband for margaret

-wrong husband

-what nathan wants

-romancing adrienne