Can Dems and Republicans agree to disagree?

It seems the political atmosphere as of late, has become so ugly and vicious. I know both sides have different perspectives on the issues. But the way our government is set up, we are supposed to find common ground to compromise. If our lawmakers hate each other, and if the political supporters on both sides hate each other...how can this be a good thing? Why the hate? Can we all agree to disagree and keep it somewhat civil for the greater good?

If not, why not?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Stan
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There's no agreeing or compromise with todays republicans.

They couldn't care less...they just want power.

Look what they tried to do to Clinton....drag the single most important man in the world into Civil court, when all members of Congress, all members of the Supreme Court, and even a grunt private in the military, are allowed to delay civil court cases while serving their country.

Suppose I live next to Bush in Crawford , TX, and I belive Bush has placed a fence on my property?

According to republicans I can drag his behind into civil court...and do this the day after 9/11, because hey, no one's above the law, right?

I'm disgusted by todays republican party, and I grew up in a republican household, but this was back when the GOP had some moderates in their party who were willing to work with the other side for the good of our nation.

Republican mantra: In Greed We Trust

• 3 years ago

i imagine you haven't any clue about the quantity of shown oil reserves in ANWR and its truthfully skill. Even the full case challenge, assuming finished production is accomplished, it may be able to grant below 5% of our contemporary oil intake for further or less 25 - 30 years. as well, oil made out of ANWR may be basically portion of the international oil provide and not in any respect in certain objective for US intake, quite pondering the inability of refining centers, so its impression may really be even a lot less. this is impression on contemporary oil prices may were a pair of pennies a gallon AT impressive. as well, the oil organizations have leases to drill all around the USA of a and rancid the coasts that they don't look utilising. Why ought to a nationwide flora and fauna probability-free haven be open to the oil organizations till and till they locate and drill the shown reserves for which they already have leases? finally, the authentic causes for the present intense fee of gas (that is basically going to bypass higher over the lengthy run) is the plummeting value of the US greenback, that could be immediately attributed to a lack of religion in our forex brought about by technique of the really criminal spend and borrow regulations of the Bush administration. That and the instability contained in the middle east and Persian Gulf brought about by technique of our invasion of Iraq, our damn sabres at Iran and our persevered failure to make hammering out a answer to the Israel/Palestinian problem it will be has brought about speculators to bid up crude and sophisticated products depending upon available provide disruptions. upload to that the very truth the majors have did not develop refining skill and also you've were given the authentic motives of intense gas prices. those that say we may be able to drill our way out of this mess haven't any clue in besides.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

You mean, like the people who said "Bush is Hitler" and drew cartoons of blood dripping from a bullet hole in his head?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6b1VOAATNk

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=player_embedded

A Trip Down Memory Lane

http://www.ringospictures.com/index.php?page=20090...

A Short Walk Down Memory Hole Lane

Remember when the rule was, the first person who compares their opponent to a Nazi loses automatically? Why doesn't that rule apply to Democrats?

Source(s): Let them hold out the olive branch first. Until then IT IS WAR.
  • 7 years ago

No.. because liberals and the rest of the world are using facts that are different than what the right believes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Ask the Kenyan in Chief

• 7 years ago

Human nature, some will some won't.

• 7 years ago

If the right-wing are thick and selfish and the left are intelligent and caring, I can't see that they'll ever have anything in common.

• 7 years ago

I'm right, you're wrong, end of discussion.

• 7 years ago

not when babies are being killed

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.