Do you think the sitcom Miranda is a take on Bridget Jones' Diary?

I do. I bloody love the both of them. Sally Phillips stars in both Bridget Jones' Diary and in Miranda. The plots centre around a similar theme - a woman protagonist who's not having the best of luck when it comes to men, is torn between two men (particulary in Bridget Jones' Diary), the woman's... show more I do. I bloody love the both of them. Sally Phillips stars in both Bridget Jones' Diary and in Miranda. The plots centre around a similar theme - a woman protagonist who's not having the best of luck when it comes to men, is torn between two men (particulary in Bridget Jones' Diary), the woman's calamities, faux pas and interfering mother. Both are comedic to point out. And both Bridget's and Miranda's parents renew their vows.
These are some points I've thought off of the top of my head btw, so chances are I haven't listed the complete similitude between the both of them.