KIMSNG-130405: Why can't I see Yahoo! Messenger in my Yahoo! Mail account?

Description: This addresses an issue where customers are reporting that the Yahoo! Messenger for Mail feature is not visible or is missing from their Yahoo! Mail account. Current Status: Our engineers are actively investigating this issue and working to provide a resolution as quickly as possible. Workaround:... show more Description: This addresses an issue where customers are reporting that the Yahoo! Messenger for Mail feature is not visible or is missing from their Yahoo! Mail account.

Current Status: Our engineers are actively investigating this issue and working to provide a resolution as quickly as possible.

Workaround: Try performing the steps in the article 'Why are features missing from my Yahoo! Mail account?':

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=cont...

If those steps do not resolve your issue, please reply to this Known Issue statement with the browser you are using and the Operating System installed on your computer.
Update: This Known Issue post is for Yahoo! staff to communicate current known issues to benefit Yahoo! customers. We do not gain extra Answers points for questions added to this “Known Issues” category.
Update 2: *Music Seawater* - I do understand your concern and the naming of this 'Known Issue' category. In all honesty, that is the basis of this category. When we post a known issue here, this is to show the Messenger Community that these issues are on our list of 'urgent repairs'. If you've noticed in... show more *Music Seawater* - I do understand your concern and the naming of this 'Known Issue' category. In all honesty, that is the basis of this category. When we post a known issue here, this is to show the Messenger Community that these issues are on our list of 'urgent repairs'. If you've noticed in the past few months, there have been other known issue posts that were mentioned here, although those have since been resolved and repaired.
This problem will fit the same criteria. We are actively investigating the cause and a resolution, so do know that your voices and concerns are being heard.
We appreciate your input and would love to hear more ideas of how we could improve the Community to be suit our customers needs.
Thanks again!
Update 3: *PITTFAN*, *felinesrus*, *tas666* - We've made some back end adjustments and you three should be able to view Yahoo! Messenger in Mail correctly now. Please let us know if you're still having trouble using the feature.
Update 4: *Kelly Salmon* - We've made an adjustment to your account. Please try accessing Yahoo! Messenger in Mail again.
Update 5: **UPDATE**

Customers are also reporting that there is a problem with Yahoo! Messenger signing out immediately after signing in. We have our engineers working on this and we will let the Community know when there is a resolution.
Update 6: **UPDATE 5/3/2013**

The Yahoo! Messenger engineers have updated Yahoo! Messenger in Mail and it should now be visible for all customers. If you still don't see Yahoo! Messenger in your Yahoo! Mail account, please reply to this Known Issue post and let us know!
Update 7: **UPDATE 5/16**

All Yahoo! Customers should be able to see Messenger in Mail once again. A new fix has been pushed this morning and this should resolve all issues. Like the previous update, please reply to this post if you still encounter a problem after clearing browser cache and cookies.
45 answers 45