Which Medieval History research topic is more interesting?

-The life of Eleanor of Aquitaine

-The Plague

-Medieval Medicine

-Crime and Punishment

-Knights and their weapons

-Medieval games/entertainment

Which one of them is more interesting to do a research project on? And please suggest any other topics down below if you have any. Thanks.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

The life of Eleanor of Aquitaine is not only a fascinating Medieval topic but a topic for the ages. Do see 'The LIon in Winter' with Katherine Hepburn for one small chapter in the life of a woman who was a vital part of history for five to six decades in an age when many people died before they reached the age of thirty. Eleanor gave birth to two Kings and at least five of her sons could well have been a brilliant King. She was not only married to two kings, but wooed and won the second one when she was in her late twenties, again in an age when most women were old at 30.

She was brilliant in so many ways and could be the focus of a story while the other topics listed are rather scattered.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Astripbo...

Peace/////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

• 7 years ago

Knights and their weapons.

There's plenty of info available,so it's an easy topic to research.

There were considerable advances in armour and weaponry throughout the period,so that's what would make it so interesting as a topic.

Other topics:

Medieval cathedrals

Castle design and construction (again,lots of advances and innovations throughout the Medieval period)

• 7 years ago

I think the medieval history is the best history to nstudy as it tells us what really happened in the past. I think the best topic to research is on crime and punishment as it is a need of the hour that criminals should get proper punishment and justice should be given. We can have information about the justice giving techniques of the past and follow them.

• John P
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

That depends on what you or I respectively would call interesting. E of A would be fairly narrow in compass, The Plague or Knights or some of the other subjects would be much wider, so you could waffle more generally!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

i like all medieval history especially military history but out of the options you given here i would definatly say crime and punishment as well as medieval law (especially in england) i find it fascinating to see how our legal system evolved over the centuries. Infact tony robinson did a really good documentery on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scPq3oZ9-UA

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yz9VLkNHJU

Youtube thumbnail

• 7 years ago

Eleanor of Aquitaine , her career had been the stormiest of any English queen consort before or since .

Wife of Henry II , mother of two English kings , Richard I and king John .she dominated both sons , turned them against their father ,feuded bitterly with one of her daughter- in - laws and contributed towards the destruction of her own grandson .She bore Henry seven children

She was also queen of France , married Louis VII of France ..

Eleanor in my opinion did much to shape English history , she was certainly a lady who has left her mark in the world of her day , she died aged 82 in 1204 , a life lived to the hilt, she even travelled in the 2nd Crusade , and dressed as a man she partook in the rebellion of her two sons against their father

Source(s): Eleanor of Aquitaine The Mother Queen Desmond Seward Barnes &Noble Books
  • 7 years ago

I'd do the plague. You could also talk about medieval medicine...

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Medieval history is all interesting. It tells us why and who we are.

• 7 years ago

They are all interesting and mostly done to death.

Medicine of that period could teach us a lot, try looking at "rose honey".

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

All of those are so DONE. How about trade routes or drugs? Personal and public hygiene?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.