Parking in a disabled space opinions?

In the situation that all ordinary parking spaces are filled and there is an abundance of disabled spaces. Would you think it was wrong to park in a disabled space?

Favorite Answer

ALL the regular parking spaces are taken and there's an ABUNDANCE of open handicapped parking spaces?

That scenario would NEVER happen.

But, in a fantasy world where it may happen, of course it'd be wrong to park there. Legally and morally wrong.

.......

This answer is unbelievable:

" there are some places that do have a ridiculous number of spaces...in fact---one just closed near me because people didn't go there---and there was about 20 accessible spots---and never more than 20 cars in the parking lot! Even when it was busy, the spots were never more than 25% full."

A RIDICULOUS number of disabled parking spaces? Are you kidding me? There's usually 1 or 2 to every 50 regular spaces - and they're usually ALL full. Just because they're usually right up front, those who think disabled people are getting "special treatment" see these few spots instead if the plethora of other parking spots - and unjustly focus all their anger and attention on them.

So I guess people didn't go to that business because the business was just TOO considerate of the needs of the handicapped and had TOO many disabled parking spaces? They didn't go there ENTIRELY because they had to walk an extra 10 FEET on their PERFECTLY GOOD LEGS to get to the door?!? Yeah, blame it on too many disabled parking spaces. THAT'S gotta be why it closed.

There's been numerous times even I couldn't go grocery shopping because all of the handicapped parking spaces were taken and there weren't even regular spaces close enough. I wonder how many times that's happened to a non-disabled person, that they couldn't find a parking spot and had to go back home?

I can guarantee NO mobility disabled (having difficulty walking or cannot walk) person would EVER think ANY business had TOO many handicapped parking spaces, nor would anyone with an ounce of compassion.

.

Source(s): Life and common sense
  • To start, there is NEVER an abundance of parking spaces. The number of minimum accessible parking spaces is defined by law and I've only seen medical facilities exceed the required number. Accessible parking spaces are not just closer - they are wider, some considerably wider. You have a choice to wait for another parking space to open up and usually one will in a matter of minutes. A person who requires an accessible parking space can wait too ( and believe me I have waited many times), but should only have to wait while another person who needed the accessible space was using it, not while someone able-bodied who had far more choices was using it. In addition to which, if you do park in one, you risk getting a well-deserved fine.

I've *never* seen a situation where that has happened. But assuming it did, then yes it would not legal to park in the handicap spots simply because it's against the law if you do not have a permit.

• soo

i will anticipate they have in no way met somebody who has a coronary heart circumstance who ought to nonetheless look healthy, yet will develop into wanting breath in the event that they tried to stroll with the aid of an entire vehicle parking zone. and that they shouldn't understand absolutely everyone on dialysis, who additionally ought to look ok, yet spends approximately 12 hours each week truly having their blood drained from their physique, wiped clean & back. It does not sound like lots regardless of if this is laborious, draining, and positively isn't the way a human physique is meant to function.

Yes it would be wrong. Park in a regular space and take a short walk.

Even tho it seems reasonable to use one with those conditions present, you will still get an expensive ticket.

• ?

Yes, it's wrong unless you have a badge and need it.

• Anon

I don't see how you think that would be okay..