Meyers
Lv 4
Meyers asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 8 years ago

Could the US organize a strike/assassination of King Jong Un?

Like what we did with Bin Laden?

Update:

The U.S. has tried to assassinate leaders of nations before. Fidel Castro would be an example (and the keyword there is *tried*) with the Bay of Pigs. True, it was more of an assault on his forces, but killing Castro was most likely part of the plan.

Update 2:

EDIT to Levi and anyone else reading:

OK, so I know this is now going to make me seem like a conspiracy theorist/lunatic, but there is this book I read called "Homefront" where North Korea invaded the US after detonating a large EMP over the country (actually over Kansas) from their satellite. Since Levi mentioned NK having launched a satellite last year, I just thought now would be a good time to bring that up.

Also, you may have heard "Homefront" before as in the crappy Homefront video game, but the book actually inspired the game (and was much better too).

Update 3:

EDIT 2 to Levi (again): If BRICS were to get involved, I agree all of those countries could support North Korea except South Africa. They don't seem to be all that powerful, and would most likely end up allying with Britain, who would in turn aid the US.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That would be probable...Since NK is hostile towards many...Killing un could set his people free and maybe overule the dictatorship thus ending starvation.

Or we could nagasaki the mother f***er and teach NK a lesson. Either way hes gonna do something very stupid because now he has to...or he will look like a coward. Heres something you should think about that i made.

You are now aware that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit in December last year.

You are now aware that the principles of launching a satellite and that of long range missiles are fundamentally the same.

You are now aware that even though North Korea does not possess the plutonium to launch large nuclear warheads, they do however possess enough uranium to launch smaller - yet still devastating - nuclear warheads.

You are now aware that China, even though agreeing to sanctions on North Korea, would stand by their ally in a military conflict on principle alone

You are now aware that since China has experienced mass economic growth, they have tripled their military spending.

You are now aware that Assad attempted to purchase weapons technology from North Korea a few years ago

You are now aware that Iran supports Assad, and North Korea, and they control Hezbollah and Hamas.

You are now aware that Russia is on "first name basis" with all of these regimes, and is their economic partner - who will not take kindly to the West's destruction of their trading partners.

You are now aware that the BRICS will most likely ally with each other

You are now aware that Cuba and Venezuela will most likely get involved in this s***storm

• Gazza
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

It's completely different assassinating a terrorist and assassinating the leader of a country.

Should China or Russia start assassinating American presidents? Assassinating a leader of a nation would be an international incident and would only lead to attacks on Americans and American interests.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

They probably could, but that might just trigger the attack that everyone is trying to avoid.

As far as ending up with someone crazier, I'm not sure that's even possible.

• 8 years ago

No, he is deep in a hostile nation and is guarded 24/7

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mark
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

The problem is that there may be an even crazier person that takes over after him. The devil you know........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.