Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 8 years ago

In what ways was johnny cade ultimately a good person in "The Outsiders"?

So i need like 2 reasons.

1) He saves the children from burning church(Why did he save them and how does it make him good person and need like quotes from the text)

2)And fighting is useless(Why does he think fighting is useless and not sure if u can find a good quote for this one)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. He saved the children because it was the right thing to do. He thought that their lives were worth more than his own. He would not have been able to live with himself if he had not tried to save the kids. As he is lying in the hospital dying, he states:

"Listen, I don't mind dying now. It's worth it. It's worth saving their kids. Their lives are worth more than mine, they have more to live for. Some of their parents came by to thank me and I know it was worth it."

How does it make him a good person? Well, he could have escaped the fire and saved himself. Instead, he showed no regard for his own safety as he saved the children. This sacrifice made him a hero in the eyes of many. His idea that their lives were worth more than his may have been self deprecating but it was also a reflection of his heart. The good within his heart made it impossible for him to allow the children to die in that fire.

2. "Fighting is useless". Johnny told Ponyboy, in his parting words, that fighting was useless. He said this because he believed that fighting wasn't going to change anything. He didn't think fighting was worth it if it changed nothing.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Ha sure i was definately pissed. To start off it would not make experience for Kofi to look after the title, he just gained it! Hell, it can be not extreme in any respect. It can be extremely stupid. So they offer us that, the no preserve barreds, and the hardcore fit, and such as you said there the entire equal! Perhaps they should just label them Filler fits or Go Get A Snack suit. Now not severe at all! The Strap fit, eh sounds okay, however just kind of lame. The metal cage fit will mainly become in all hype. The one extreme in shape is a ladder healthy is what it sounds like. And if this is the entire extreme we get, they minus well change the title of this ppv too. Don't even get me began on the Hog Pen suit! Noone wishes to peer this, I don't have any proposal why they'd do this!! Going to be an tremendously unextreme ppv and overhyped. Sounds familiar...... BQ: ALL except principal movements. Which i'm pondering the metal cage won't be extreme both...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.