Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Nicole asked in TravelCaribbeanJamaica · 8 years ago

Guided tour in Jamaica?

Does ANYBODY know of a guided tour company that goes to Jamaica?!?!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Tina
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Guided tour in Jamaica....there are tons....you don't need to pre-book. Just do a bit of research of what you want to see and then book when you get there. Your hotel or resort, depending on how big will either offer their own or will know who to call to help you book. Also, they are sold on the beach so it is easy to book one. Red Plate Taxis can also be booked for private tours. Booking when you get there, especially if you don't go with the one offered at your hotel, you can sometimes negotiate the price and what you do....it is much better to wait until you get there....you will also find that 'sand gravity' pulls hard and sometimes the best laid plans fall through. The beaches are awesome, the local nightlife fun, and the food amazing...sometimes people don't go very far from 'home'.

Also, some attractions are closer to certain parts of the island. For example, Nine Mile Bob's home is closer to Ochi where as YS falls is closer to Negril. Dunn's River Falls is closer to Ochi, and Floyd's Pelican Bar is about an hours drive from Negril. It depends on what you want to do. Depending on where you are staying, it is sometimes not worth while to travel so far for the attraction. It would then become too expensive.

Now the explanation you provided said 'goes to Jamaica' so if you mean some company that is in your home country and goes to JA as a group....I have no idea, lol.

Just book and go. You will have a great time.

Edit: If you are coming in on a cruise and only there for a day...your cruise will have tours on offer.

Source(s): been many times, stay local. Will be there shortly for a month. Message if you have questions. You can see my other answers on my page for stuff to do and other answers I have given about tours and things to do.
  • 8 years ago

The goes TO Jamaica as in gathers people up in say the USA and puts them on a plane to Jamaica and takes them around in a bus? nope.

However, you can have a lot more fun and see more if you wish to go TO Jamaica and from Negril and a hotel there go tour with Juju Tours. Car, driver and away you go. We had the best day ever in Jamaica doing it this way two weeks ago and next March we will be spending at least one day and I am thinking Two days this way seeing the west end of the island.

• bryer
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Why not, once you arrive, ask the locals who artwork on the lodge...do not bypass to the front table or something, they're people who will rip you off. Be friendly and ask say, the pool guy, or the lady that serves the nutrition, or the maid... you understand, be advantageous and that they are going to inform you all you may desire to nicely known... they're going to gove you the nice information... and plus, once you bypass to a holiday spot, you do not wanna purely see the touristy section do you? does not you wanna see the island because of the fact the locals see it?

• 8 years ago

Check travel agencies... You'll be sure to find one :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

www.pgtoursja.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.