Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

White People: do you know what it is like to be a minority?

Do you know how it feels being the only black kid in a class full of white and when subjects like slavery, rap, and welfare come up?

Do you know what it is like going to a store and having the workers follow you around and give you dirty looks?

Do you know what it's like having people afraid to ask you a question that you could have answered and passing over you to ask someone of their own race?

Do you know what is is like seeing someone take the stairs because they are afraid to get in the elevator with you?

If you can understand any of these situations then you have a small taste of what it's like being a black man in a white man's world.

Best Answer

Young Person. You have no Idea what true hate really is. You live

in the richest most powerful nation on the planet. You have life

by the ***. You have opportunity to become something, become

someone. Yet from reading your rant here. You are your only

reason for failure. Your like the fake black guy running the country.

Blame this, Blame that. Blame Others. Start with yourself, young

blood. And get on with your life. Don't fall prey to the blame game.

You will wind up old. And nowhere.

Expand your mind and learn something that will make you a good

living. And what ever you do. Don't turn your back on opportunity.

For the sake of being a blame artist. The ghettos are full of them.

I am a 73 year old Red Man. Who defied all of the odds, Born on

the Pine Ridge Reservation South Dakota, Winter months. Tar

paper shack, 1 old Pot belly stove. Damn near froze to death

more times then not. But when Opportunity knocked, I was out

that door. Served 4 years in the USAF, 3 years In Viet Nam.

I directed Combat air strikes from inside enemy lines. Along

with a 5th Special Forces Team.

Once I left that. I wound up at Wounded Knee. Watched the hate

of old become the hate of new. Watched How much the white eyes

could not and would not change. The Indian was once again a

savage. Automatically the bad guys, Bull Snot. I survived that.

I had a talent for painting and drawing, I had a gracious white man

teach me how to work a torch to sculpt and deal with metal. From

those days on it became history. I learned to move on from the past,

I learned how to embrace the future. And never once did I forget

where I came from or where I started From.

You can find that path. You can find that dream. Make it happen.

Don't live in the negative. We have the Congress and the President

to do that. Live for yourself and your family.

Walk in peace.

Source(s): A very happy successful 1 percenter.
  • I understand your feelings. Please don't think all white people are like that. I am a white but I have many black friends. I won't judge people because they are a different race, color, or religion. Quite frankly, I am tired of those who do. I want you to know that the only reason people treat you this way is because people can't comprehend that everyone, no matter of race or religion, are different. People see other people from another race saying or doing something unacceptable so it is easier for them to think everyone of that race agrees or does the same thing. One day, racism won't be a problem anymore but I am afraid I won't live to see it. PS: the world is only what you make of it; it doesn't have to be a white person's world, it can be everyone's. I hope this can help! ;)

It works both ways...you know....

Have you ever decided to go into a mainly black area and have lunch and then afraid to eat it because they looked at you with great hatred in their eyes....

Have you ever been in school when a black girl comes up and pulls your hair because it is long..

Have you ever had a kid who lives across the street shoot at you because you were a cracker

Have you ever wanted to go and sell Girl Scout cookies but they yelled out patties patties get the gun..

I can give examples of past hatred and current hatred......but that is not what I want for our society.

Why can't we all get along. It has been decades where all have had the same advantage when they are born. Being born white poor is No different than being born black poor. I will say that blacks do get more from the government and also have affirmative action which in my opinion is out dated.

Why do Black people hate Black people who have been successful??

Sort of. I am gay and an anarcho-capitalist. Both are minority positions.

I can empathize with situations 1, 3, and 4, but I have experienced situation 2 before back when I dressed like a bit of a thug to avoid being bullied in high school.

-I'm that one of three white kids in a class full of blacks. I AM on welfare, and YOU weren't a slave so I don't see how that applies to you. And what do you mean, "rap"? There ARE white rappers.

-Damn right I do.

-Yes, black people and many Asians and Indians don't ask me questions because "a white person wouldn't know that."

-I don't take elevators. Elevators scare the hell out of me, so no. And to be honest, that may have nothing to do with skin colour. Perhaps you are just frightening to some people.

Please tell me how any of that is my fault. You are blaming me for your circumstance without even knowing me. As we hear it here on the web sight it appears you would pref ere a Communist country to a free country. I don't believe you understand being shot at with machine guns to keep you from leaving the country. If I were that unhappy I would not attempt to move into a neighborhood that makes me that way.

I suppose you think none of us feels uncomfortable in a black neighborhood. When I don't feel comfortable is any neighborhood I don't move there.

Yeah. Yes i do. I see abuse, i step up! You never let a man be cut down! Don't care what color his ski

n is!

Hey no one@You need better friends man. I know for a fact life sucks big time some times, but don't crawl under a rock. You will never see better if you don't try!

Yes. And I also saw one of my best friends, who was Black, rise to success in a bigoted small community filled with rednecks.

Nevertheless, I understand what you're going through. The first step is to give up hate of this terrible injustice. If you are a sincere person, I believe the site fhu.com could be of great help.

• Tai

Yes. I may not be Black, but I am an overweight, lower-class, queer, non-Christian person, which makes me a minority several times over. And yes, I do know what it's like to be discriminated against for my race and followed around stores because I studied abroad in China, and that's how they act toward all non-Asians. I don't pretend to know what it's like to be a Black person, and admit that you have it worse than most other groups, but please don't act like you're the only group in history that has ever been discriminated against.

Boooo---hooooooooo!!!!!

A black man in a white man's world? I didn't know God was white!

Listen, buddy. You are posing this question, implying that all "white" folks are the same.

If you are a person who is "white" (whatever the hell that means), we can automatically ASSume that you are a racist. A heartless person. A person who is not compassionate.

You may not believe this: but there are plenty of blacks that are racists. No race has a monopoly on racism (not anymore).

The American you are talking about here is a rarity not the norm.

If you are living around such idiots, then move away from them.