A car with mass M traveling at speed V has kinetic energy K. What is the kinetic energy of a second car that h?

Please help! :O

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

K = ½MV²

The second car will have mass m = kM and velocity v = nV, so its

KE = ½mv² = ½(kM)(nV)² = kn²(½MV²) = kn²K

Give me k and n, and I'll give you KE in terms of K.

• 4 years ago

you're actually not the well-known character to stumble in this. Sir Issac Newton theory momentum it is proportional to velocity was the significant element. It was perfect in the 1800s did scientist come across the fee of Kinetic ability (i.e. V squared). i think Dr. D's device is the finest to snatch the advice. ability has to do with fields corresponding to gravity and the version to subject count (i.e., the quantity velocity transformations) because of the fact it transformations function contained in those fields. >>>>>>>>>> Edit >>>>> this question has led to some very exciting posts. because I printed my common respond, I quite like Scythian's and keep in mind's posts from a philosophical viewpoint. (The final posts are all proper, in spite of the shown fact that take a mathematical device) Scythian ties into relativity it is that kinetic energy, perfect at low velocities, is proportional to v^2. After which you may desire to bypass to the common E=MC^2 approach wherein M is the relativistic mass. keep in mind does a high quality exploration of conservative fields, it is why energy is conserved the two at relativistic or non-relativistic speeds.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.