Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 7 years ago

How can I go pestitarian?

So i really want to go pestitarian. Its like being a vegetarian but instead of giving up all meat, you give up everything but fish. I try not to eat meat but i always catch myself eating it -_-... I would like to know how to give it up and monitor myself so i don't eat it without realizing it?

Favorite Answer

the word is "pescotarian" i believe. there is nothing in the world that exists that tastes like meat that isn't meat. fish is just as good though, im personally a fan of mussels, scallops, shrimp, cod, artic char, bass, clams, octopus, and squid. if youve had calamari then youve had squid, and clams make the best chowders. mussels are always good and shrimp can be cooked anyway. gumbo is also great for seafood as well as most cajun dishes. artic char is good as a filet with a soy sauce glaze. scallops can be pretty much eaten raw, but a quick sear in butter is better. and cod breaded in panko and fried will make a mean fish sandwhich with some whole grain mustard and tar tar sauce.

in the end if i could eat fish everyday that would be fine... im hungry just writing this.anything else just write to me

Source(s): chef

It's nothing at all like being vegetarian.

Vegetarians do not eat meat. The flesh of an animal which is dead.

Fish are animals.

Simply putting =arian on the end of a word doesn't mean you're a vegetarian of any kind.

So you want to eat meat. EAt it.

And, how do you monitor yourself before realising you've eaten meat? I'm sorry, do you live in a dark room with people flinging food at your taped-open mouth??

• ?

First off, the word is Pescatarian.

Secondly, it isn't a form of vegetarianism as the flesh of any animal, including fish, is called meat. No vegetarian eats meat.

If you always catch yourself eating meat, then the answer is not to buy it in the first place.

• ?

Don't eat pigs, sheep, chickens, ducks, cows and turkeys.

Do eat tuna, salmon, tilapia, clams, shrimp and crab.

I really don't get the question. How do you 'catch' yourself eating something? It doesn't fly into your mouth of its own accord.