16.8 billion $ deficit

9.6% unemployment

state income tax of 13.3%

At least 2 cities have filed for bankruptcy

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

CALIFORNIA: The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out, bites the Governor and attacks his dog.

1. The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie “Bambi” and then realizes he should stop; the coyote is only doing what is natural.

2. He calls animal control. Animal Control captures the coyote and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.

3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 for testing it for diseases.

4. The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.

5. The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is free of dangerous animals.

6. The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds to implement a “coyote awareness” program for residents of the area.

7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.

8. The Governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the attack somehow and for letting the Governor attempt to intervene.

9. Additional cost to State of California: $75,000 to hire and train a new security agent with additional special training re: the nature of coyotes.

10. PETA protests the coyote’s relocation and files suit against the State.

TEXAS: The Governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A Coyote jumps out, bites the Governor’s leather boot, and attacks his dog.

1. The Governor shoots the coyote with his State-issued pistol and keeps jogging. The Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.

2. The buzzards eat the dead coyote.

• 7 years ago

More California cities are bankrupt, but have not yet admitted it.

The state of California itself has such overwhelming unfunded liabilities it on paper would likely qualify for bankruptcy if it were a corporation....but states aren't really allowed to file bankruptcy.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

**** the people who say Texas is better Texas is all dessert always hot california gets hot and gets cold not like Texas California is better

• 7 years ago

You completely failed to mention the quality or type of services provided by either government. The government of Somalia may not have a large deficit or impose high taxes but that does not make Somalia a better place than France which has both. This information on its own is useless rubbish.

• 6 years agoReport

California is not good anymore , can't you get it ?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I have been to both states, and the Texans were much more hospitable and kind, particularly the men. I recall it was over 100 degrees in Dallas, and I was wearing a short lace skirt with a sheer blouse that showed my midriff...

• 3 years ago

Texas Better Than California

• 7 years ago

I have never been to California so I couldn't tell you.

• willie
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

it's a better place to start a business for the reasons above you have cited.

• mark
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Yeah, but Texas is filled to the brim with Texans

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

i was going to say economics,but really Texans are just better people..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.