History help Please:)))))))?

I don't usually ask for help on this stuff but i could really use some please!

Which example of media communication is indirectly related to Great Society programs?

USA Today

Cable News Network

World Wide Web

Sesame Street

What was the biggest area of disagreement between Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcolm X?

the depth of African Americans' poverty

the need to change perceptions of racial differences

the benefits of relying only on civil disobedience

the importance of gaining voting rights protections

Which movement for social change modeled on the original civil rights movement achieved some success and avoided violence?

feminist movement

anti-war movement

Chicano movement

Red Power movement

Both the Civil Rights movement and the women's rights movement organized protests to raise public awareness about discrimination against minorities and women. How did the tactics of the Civil Rights movement differ from those of the women's rights movement?

The Civil Rights movement remained entirely peaceful while the women's rights movement sometimes turned to violence.

The Civil Rights movement gradually became more radical while the women's rights movement gradually became more moderate.

The Civil Rights movement frequently used direct actions while the women's rights movement frequently used symbolic protests.

The Civil Rights movement focused on convincing political leaders to change while the women's rights movement focused on convincing the public to change.

James Farmer was responsible for organizing which of these?

Freedom Rides

Freedom Summer

March on Washington

Montgomery Bus Boycott

Rosa Parks contributed to which of these Civil Rights actions?

the Freedom Summer

the March on Washington

the Montgomery Bus Boycott

the Selma to Montgomery March

The quote below comes from Charles Hamilton Houston writing about his experience in World War I:

"The hate and scorn showered on us ***** officers by our fellow Americans convinced me that there was no sense in my dying for a world ruled by them. I made up my mind that if I got through this war I would study law and use my time fighting for men who could not strike back."

Source: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/charles...

What nickname was given to Charles Houston for his contribution to the Civil Rights movement?

The Man who Marched for Equality

The Man who Killed Jim Crow

The First Nonviolent Protestor

The Officer Who Beat Prejudice

This quote comes from Indian leader Mahatma Gandhi:

"Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man."

Source: http://www.quotedb.com/quotes/2066

Which Civil Rights leader is identified with the ideas in that statement?

Thurgood Marshall

Malcolm X

Whitney Young

Martin Luther King, Jr.

What was the goal of the Freedom Summer?

to register African American voters in the South

to increase racial pride among African Americans

to expand economic opportunities for African Americans

to get more non-African Americans involved in the Civil Rights movement

Which event during the Civil Rights era did the most to focus the attention of white Americans on the struggles of African Americans in the South?

assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.

murder of volunteers during Freedom Summer

assault on Freedom Riders in Alabama

assassination of Medgar Evers in Mississippi

Members of which of these movements shared the goals of the Civil Rights movement concerning legislation to ensure equal rights?

the nativist movement

the feminist movement

the counterculture movement

the organized labor movement

What did the court cases of Griswold v. Connecticut and Roe v. Wade have in common?

Civil Rights cases

states' rights cases

discrimination cases

reproductive rights cases

What resulted from the Supreme Court's ruling in Miranda v. Arizona (1966)?

Evidence obtained in an unconstitutional manner could not be used in court.

Prosecutors could no longer engage in plea bargaining with defense attorneys.

People who were being arrested had to be informed of their Constitutional rights.

Criminal defendants who could not afford an attorney had to be provided with one for free.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

We are not doing your homework for you. Do some research, and learn from your homework so you can be as smart as the smartest people in America who are as smart as the dumbest of the smart people in the Asian countries.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.