Why do nocturnal insects fly towards/into the light?

if they are nocturnal shouldnt they fly away from the light. ive seen a theory that says its because they use the light from the moon guiding them but if that is the case and they think the lights are the moon why do they fly into the light, shouldnt they as well fly up towards the moon until they die of lack of oxygen then too?

Favorite Answer

Nobody actually has a correct answer. It is all theoretical, like, moon, guidance, magnetic fields.

i changed into in a bus with a pal of mine who's a guy and he referred to a moth contained in the bus, freaked out, and almost jumped into my lap. I were given up and flippantly stuck the moth with my palms and released it outdoors. :-) So i guess some adult men are freaked by technique of insects, and some ladies are not. That is going hostile to the stereotype!

• they used the moon and the star light as guides. with the ammount of light everywhere now with the brightness, it just pulls them to it.