What is the difference between leukaemia and non-leukaemic disorders ?

I have to compare non-leukaemic myeloproliferative and lymphoproliferative disorders with leukaemia, I can see all the similarities, but what differentiates them? If non-leukaemic means it is not a cancer of the blood then what does it affect instead and how?

Can someone clear this up for me, thanks.

Favorite Answer

~Leukemia is a cancer of the bone marrow and blood.

~Lymphoma is a general term for cancers that start in the lymph system; mainly the lymph nodes.

~Myeloma is a cancer of the plasma cells.

~leukemia involves an increase in white blood cells called granulocytes.

~Hodgkin lymphoma spreads in an orderly manner from one group of lymph nodes to another. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma spreads through the lymphatic system in a non-orderly manner.

~In myeloma, the cells overgrow, forming a mass or tumor that is located in the bone marrow. Bone marrow is the spongy tissue found in the center of the bone, where red cells, white blood cells, and platelets are made.

~Leukemia causes are unknown,however, chronic exposure to benzene at work and exposure to large doses of radiation have been shown to cause leukemia in some cases. Benzene in cigarettes has been associated with an increased risk of leukemia of myeloid cells.

~lymphoma causes are unknown

~myelone is caused by age mostly.People under age 45 rarely develop the disease.

Source(s): sorry thats all i know...I just finished 10th grade