Any good books for a 14 year old girl?

I am 14 I love to read, but I am not a girly girl, so any good books for me to read, thanks. I don't want the type were there is loads of girly stuff in it cos I'm not that type of girl, I am when it comes to clothes, but not in books.

So any good books to read for me?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It'd be nice if you could give some genres that you particularly like but I'll list some for you.

Historical Romance (and some horror) The Red Necklace, The Silver Blade by Sally Gardner

Action Romance-Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins I've actually messed up my genres a bit but they're at least half right

Sci-fi Action/Action-Alex Rider by Alex Horowitz, Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer, Eragon by Christopher Paolini, Assualt by Brian Faulkner, The Tomorrow Code by Brian Faulkner, Brainjack by Brian Faulkner, Tomorrow When the War began by John Marsden, Percy Jackson (a bit childish by now but still decent) by Rick Riordan, Gone by Micheal Grant, BZRK by Micheal Grant, Timeriders by Alex Scarrow, Warhorse and A Waltz for Matilda and Nanberry and Oracle by Jackie French, Virals by Kathy Reichs, The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfeld, The Fire Within by Chris D'Lacey, The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill

Fantasy Action- Beyond the Hanging Wall by Sarah Douglass, Fire then Graceling then Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (if you liked the Hunger Games I'm sure you'd like this), Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy, Dragonkeeper by Carole Wilkinson, Eon by Alison Goodman, I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore, Maze Runner by James Dashner, The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud, The Sister's Grimm by Michael Buckley

Real Life stories (sad, real life based stories), Wonder by R.J Palacio, My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, The Happiest Refugee by Anh Doh, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon and The Book Thief also by Mark Haddon, Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman

Romance- Delirium and Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver, Matched by Ally Condie, Hannah by Kathryn Lasky, Fallen by Lauren Kate, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

I've listed all the books I've ever REALLY loved as a teenager so they should all be good (I didn't include some of the ones which are meant for adults aka they're pretty dirty but amazing plotlines and I was lacking in the romance section coz I like action and plotline more than anything so i just added most of the romance books I've read). I think I've listed all the good books I've read in the last 2 years actually...

Source(s): I've read a LOT of books
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Mastering the foundational examining abilities will allow your child to target on understanding the subject they are examining rather than battle with understanding what ultimately ultimately causing an even more rewarding and satisfying examining knowledge and this really is in what that program Children Learning Reading from here https://tr.im/uXczZ is based.

Children Learning Reading use techniques to help your youngster read and increase his reading, understanding, and spelling power in early school years.

Even though the Kids Learning Reading program is situated around your son or daughter understanding the small looks that produce up each word there are several words in the English language that just can't be learnt in this manner (rhythm for example). In order to support you to teach your son or daughter these excellent words an information is provided to the most typical words that need to be discovered by sight.

That benefit could be specially valuable if you and your child are struggling with a certain word. You know when the word is included in the information then it's something that can not be learned applying the Children Learning Reading method.

• 7 years ago

These might be a bit young for you, but I'm fourteen and I still love to read them:

A series of unfortunate events - Lemony Snicket

Other Books:

Anything by Stephen King, Rose Madder, The Shining, Cell (he's really good!)

Edgar Allen Poe's short stories are fascinating, though the language a little hard to understand in places

Enid Blyton's books were aimed at younger children, be she's also amazing

James Patterson - he writes a lot of crime, the murders are always especially gruesome, and his writing style is brill

The Book of Lost Things (can't remember the author, sorry)

The Book Thief, it's narrated by death himself

A lot of these books are aimed at adults, but are actually amazing.

Source(s): my bookshelf :)
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I love the Fault In Our Stars (which i am sad :( no one has mentioned yet) and all the books by John Green he is amazing! I also like the Hunger Games but i'm just guessing you have read it seeing as how everyone has! If you haven't read them pick them up now because they are amazing! Here are some other books I like but are not quite as note worthy:

Emily the Strange by Rob Reger.

The Gallanger girl series by Ally Carter.

Threads by Sophia Bennet.

Airhead series by Meg Cabot.

The Dark is Rising Sequence by Susan Cooper.

The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke.

Ruby Redfort by Lauren Child.

The Key to Rondo by Emily Rodda.

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket.

I am a huge reader but I like a wide range of books so you may and you may not like most of these.

Hope I helped you <3

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Vanished by Meg Cabot

The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

Avalon High by Meg Cabot

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

Source(s): 14-year-old bookworm
  • Falling Fast by Sophie Mckenzie

Dustlands trilogy by Moira Young

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys

Source(s): Www.booksteensandmagazines.com
  • 7 years ago

After Ever After- Jordan Sonnenblick

So B. It- Sarah Weeks

Harry Potter Series

The perks of being a wallflower

Oggie Cooder- Sarah Weeks

Maximum Ride Series

Stained- Jennifer Jacobson

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

The Hunger Games

Catching Fire

Mockingjay

Before I go to sleep

The fault in our stars

The Throne of glass

The summoning

The awakening

The reckoning

Iron House

Fallen

Torment

Passion

Fallen in love

Rapture

The host ( really good book, a bit slow in the beginning but keep going! )

Looking for Alaska

An abundance of Katherine's

Beautiful disaster

Beautiful creatures

Fury

Between

Beautiful Malice

Night World

Matilda

Breathe

Harry Potter

The city of Bones

Gone

Twilight

New Moon

Eclipse

Breaking Dawn

Last Child

Easy

No such thing as immortality

The silent girl

Eragon

--------------->REALLY RECOMMEND WATTPAD!<----------------

It's an app where random people post their stories and books.

It has a list of genres that you can select and then there are thousnads to read.

My fave app when I am struggling what to read.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Any good books for a 14 year old girl?

I am 14 I love to read, but I am not a girly girl, so any good books for me to read, thanks. I don&#39;t want the type were there is loads of girly stuff in it cos I&#39;m not that type of girl, I am when it comes to clothes, but not in books.

So any good books to read for me?

Source(s): good books 14 year girl: https://biturl.im/UaXwY
  • 7 years ago

You can try

The Demon's Lexicon series by Sarah rees Brennan

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones(Highly recommended)

The Assasin's Cure by Cassandra Rose Clarke(The best book I read last year)

A Spy in the house by Y S Lee

The nIght solstice by L J Smith

If you want more book recommendation please visit

http://thereadingresolution.blogspot.com/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.