Donna K asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Do food stamps help grocery stores stay in business?

Do food stamps/EBT/Link/SNAP cards help grocery

stores stay in business?

And do they also help food companies,

corporations, truckers (that deliver food)

employees, and even stockholders/shareholders

from those food companies in any way?

I've noticed 3 stores in my lifetime that shut down,

they had one thing in common, they did not accept

food stamps, can someone explain this to me as well?

Thanks.

Best Answer

It would seem possible to me, since it`s another form of monetary gain. The tax payer helping to fund private business through welfare recipients.

I do know precisely how you believe. I've been in line in the back of folks buying steaks, junk meals and so forth, then they ought to pay cash for his or her beer. Exceptional clothes etc. At the same time we pay money for our frugal food funds, consuming beans 2 instances per week, and being particularly ingenious with our choices. Would not see proper. However I do attempt to keep an open mind. Possibly the purpose they buy all this junk food is that they rather don't know the best way to cook. Maybe the reason they have a brand new care and pleasant garments is on account that they just lost their job. I always try and supply men and women the improvement of the doubt. If I failed to i might be an extraordinarily bitter man or woman. As for the first-class garments. I will be able to inform you what I do for my loved ones. Quantity one, I on no account pay full price, period. I wait till matters go on clearance, then see what i will find. Even if it's for subsequent season, i will purchase a nice shirt for $3 and put it up. I'm additionally a large believer in going to charity stores, excellent will and salvation navy outlets. In case you go mainly, and hunt and decide upon, you could truely to find some very first-class things. I primarily love buck day at just right will. The place you shove as so much as you can into a brown paper bag, after which pay simply $1. Ok i'm performed with my guidelines for buying clothes for a household. I are aware of it upsets you, but try to not feel about it, or it's going to particularly start to consume away at you love a cancer. Belle

If a grocery store is located in an area where a significant number of people use food stamps the will obviously help it stay in business. It is not surprising that a store in such an area that did not accept them would close. Why would anyone shop where they had to pay cash if they could go down the street and use food stamps?

You are correct, the people who need to save money the most are people on welfare and or any other government assistance. Food stamps do help all of the companies you mentioned. Welfare also helps employers get healthy employees, as without this assistance people would be starving and getting sick and dying.

People forget what it was like before government assistance, it was like China, India, that is why the Repuckicons want to cut all this assistance they want the Middle Class to be slave laborers.

Oh yes - they're great at getting people something to eat - especially little kids. If the government just gave people money, they might spend it on repainting their kitchen. But with food stamps, at least the people are buying food - and that's certainly bound to help out the food companies.

Absolutely. Grocery stores love welfare for a variety of reasons. Not just that the poor buy from them but also because the help subidizes their employees so the stores can pay them minimum wage. That helps them stay in business too. Employees don't even want raises because raises lower the help they can get from other need based sources. Wefare recipients are known for buying name brand products while people who work for their money buy generic. Any marketing class will teach you that.

People eat with or without stamps so limited impact on groceries but with less disposable income left, nail salons, car washes, and a host of other small businesses would be hit hard.

Grocery stores that take food stamps should be shut down. FACT.

All the time.

yes