Evan asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 7 years ago

Film's with latent messages?

Im doing a presentation for a college class and was wondering if anyone could give me film ideas with latent messages dealing with: race, gender, class, ability, disability, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, sex and or violence. Ive already heard Hurtlocker so other ideas would be nice. Also specific scenes i could look up or try to find would help! Thank you!

Update:

If you could give me an example from the film it would help as well! Thank you!

Update 2:

ALSO within the last 5-6 years!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

You can't go wrong with David Lynch and Stanley Kubrick. Their movies are so subtle and complex that you could read almost anything into them (and have it be true). Jim Jarmusch is another good choice.

Check this out: http://mutinycompany.com/EWS.html

It goes into extraordinary detail, detailing many subtle and hidden themes, mostly involving sex, sexuality, and class. I'm not sure, but you could probably stretch it to include religion and gender.

And that's just a single Kubrick movie.

• Login to reply the answers
  • nicoll
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Defacement of foreign money is a contravention of call 18, section 333 of u.s. of u.s. Code. less than this provision, foreign money defacement is in many cases explained as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements collectively, or does the diverse element to any financial institution invoice, draft, word, or diverse facts of debt issued by any nationwide banking affiliation, Federal Reserve financial institution, or Federal Reserve gadget, with cause to render such merchandise(s) not worthy to be reissued, would be fined no longer extra than $a hundred or imprisoned no longer extra than six months, or the two. Defacement of foreign money in the type of manner that that is made not worthy for flow comes less than the jurisdiction of u.s. of u.s. mystery provider.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

a beautiful mind

charly: flowers for algernon

homeless to harvard

precious

prayers for bobby

black and blue

enough

an affair to remember

as good as it gets

at first sight

the best years of our lives

bully

thirteen

havoc

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.