Highest IQ possible on this test?

Hi! I'm 13 and I recently got my IQ tested (by Mensa) and I got in with an IQ of 138 on the Weschler Adult Intelligence Scale. Does 13 constitute as an adult? What's the highest IQ possible on this scale? Thanks!!

• Spunk

Why would Mensa test a 13 year-old using an adult scale? That's poor experimental method and totally messes with the statistics of the test...

Anyway, the highest measurable IQ is 200 but apparently there is a limit to how high the WAIS can test (see the other comment).

Highest Iq Possible

No. The WAIS was normed on individuals 16 and older so your IQ should actually be higher since this test was normed for individuals older than yourself. You would probably score significantly (10 to 20 points; it's uncertain) higher on one of the WISC tests which were normed for people your age. The ceiling of the WAIS test (depending on the version) is 155 so you did not reach the ceiling on the WAIS.

• Emma

It is widely agreed that standardized tests can't measure all forms for intelligence including creativity, wisdom, practical sense and social sensitivity.

http://www.puzzle-place.net/iq.htm

Goodluck!