I want to throw my old computer tower away?

I have a computer I want to throw away, it is old, out dated, runs slow but does still work. I purchased a new one so I don't want the old one anymore. My question is how do I get rid of all my personal information on the computer if somebody dumpster dives and takes it home. I actually had that happen to me... show more I have a computer I want to throw away, it is old, out dated, runs slow but does still work. I purchased a new one so I don't want the old one anymore. My question is how do I get rid of all my personal information on the computer if somebody dumpster dives and takes it home. I actually had that happen to me last time I threw away a computer, I put it out for garbage pick up and saw somebody pull up and put it in their car, luckily that computer was not working at all. I mean there are no secrets or crazy stuff on there but I did use it for years and tried to delete my information, pictures, passwords, word documents, etc but I am no computer wizard so I am sure there is still some personal info on there somewhere that could be found. Any suggestions???
9 answers 9