Why doesn't the world recognize Taiwan as an independent country?

Those Commies don't own Taiwan. They don't even have an effective navy. Maybe a couple of outdated destroyers and cruisers and maybe that's it. Even if they tried to manage. In a conventional war NATO countries have Navies that will bombard the Commies out of existence.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Nobody wants to anger the "Commies", who are the legitimately-recognized government of China. In most cases, the Chinese refuse to trade with any nation that officially recognizes Taiwan or maintains official diplomatic relations with them.

Live long and prosper.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

while the Communist China falls or while Taiwan takes China lower back, I advise if we carry on with how issues are going Taiwan will outlive Mainland China economically.. relatively considering that Taiwan has u.s. who has the full western international truthfully. the reason they do no longer know it as a rustic is by using the fact they do no longer desire conflict with China.. if China is out of the image or has collapsed and is going by using a revolution, the two Taiwan features independence, or Taiwan reclaims the biggest land. nevertheless i've got confidence this is going to easily declare independence.. i do no longer think of they desire the mainland anymore. And nevertheless u.s. would not know it they do no longer sell issues to Taiwan and import issues from them.. they're close financial companions and if their ever became (no longer asserting there'll be) yet while there ever became a war i'm confident the US could lower back Taiwan.. and all of Asia (Asian international places hate China) ^-^ nevertheless i do no longer see something changing for atleast 10-30 years.. I advise you could for sure see the CCP weakening or slowly changing, yet they have some extra years in them.

• Martin
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

1. There are 23 countries currently have diplomatic ties with Taiwan ROC.

2. For many countries, they want the large PRC market. For example, in 1992, S. Korea after unsuccessfully pushed selling Taiwan navy frigates, in turn, they broke diplomatic ties with Taiwan and recognized PRC. Before, S. Korea was strong anti-communist country.

3. For US' case, when after then USSR and PRC relation went sour, US for purpose of reducing influences of USSR, built diplomatic relationship with PRC. But US also passed Taiwan Relations Act as US' own federal law. Taiwan Relations Act defines Taiwan as de facto country.

Even though Taiwan is not officially recognized by many countries, but passport holders of Taiwan ROC can visit 132 countries without needing to acquire for a visa. And Taiwan's charitable organizations and NGO have been contributing to the international community.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

China doesn't own Taiwan. It's an independent country.

And China has no cruisers, and its navy is getting better actually.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

The world did for a long time but China is a major world power and they claim it is part of China. The United States promised to defend them at one time but I doubt particularly Obama would.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

because taiwan ROCKS like my granny after a glass of cherry!!! mwahaha

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.