Do non-compete contracts apply to ALL franchise locations?

If I signed a non-compete contract for a franchise in "Town A", is it a breach of contract to move to "Town B" and start up a similar business to compete against a completely different franchise? In the contract it said for up to a year I could not compete with the franchise, but I don't... show more If I signed a non-compete contract for a franchise in "Town A", is it a breach of contract to move to "Town B" and start up a similar business to compete against a completely different franchise? In the contract it said for up to a year I could not compete with the franchise, but I don't know if that only legally means the one in the specific town that I signed it for or for ANY franchise that they own?
Update: I was trying to nonchalant about the specifics of the corporation or the terms of the agreement, but I think it would be best to include them to hammer out a definite answer. The most important aspects of the agreement read like this: This NON-COMPETITION AGREEMENT (the "Agreement") is made and entered... show more I was trying to nonchalant about the specifics of the corporation or the terms of the agreement, but I think it would be best to include them to hammer out a definite answer.

The most important aspects of the agreement read like this:

This NON-COMPETITION AGREEMENT (the "Agreement") is made and entered into effective the day of XX/XX/2013 by and between McDonalds (the "Company") and (insert my name here) ("Employee").

......

Employee agrees that, during employment and for one year following termination of employment with the Company, Employee will not, directly or indirectly, render services to or become associated with, whether as an owner, employee, independent contractor, manager, consultant or otherwise, any person or entity that produces, markets or sells a Competitive Product within the Company's Market Area. For purposes of this Agreement, the Company's Market Area consists of the area within a twenty mile straight-line radius of any Com
1 answer 1