Princess asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 7 years ago

What is so bad about the confederate flag?

no way that rhymed..

but in all seriousness people make a big deal about it. maybe I don't think it's a big deal because I live in the south but still...?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Gerry
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

There is nothing wrong with the Confederate Battle Flag "Bars and Stars". What it has been used for since however, is what has specifically caused the issues - the flag has been first misused, and now is misinterpreted. This is the greatest shame to American History but it was because of the abuse that has caused issues.

I'm not from the American South, but can appreciate the value of both the Union and Confederate history. We became a stronger nation with the Confederate loss and had the the Confederacy won, I have no idea how the nation could 80 years later support the efforts against facism and fight a two pronged war in both the Pacific and Europe from 1941 to 1945.

• tuffy
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

For many in the American South the confederate flag is seen as a remembrance of the past, for many others it is seen as statement about slavery, the Civil War, and the subsequent segregation when the slaves were freed and Reconstruction brought an even greater breach between the whites and the blacks, that has lasted into 2013.

• 7 years ago

It is the banner of traitors, mutineers, rebels, seditionists, and slave-owners who would have destroyed the greatest country that ever was rather than give up their property -- human beings.

• 7 years ago

It indicates that the owner supports white ownership of blacks.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

You like slavery?

• Gary C
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

What's so bad about slavery?

If you answer that question, you'll also answer yours.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.