Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 7 years ago

how to convince my mom to let me?

go to the mall by myself. I'm 15 and I wanted to go shopping on my own at the mall. My mom and sister are having a shopping day that day and I want to shop on my own. I've never done this before because my parents worry about me getting kidnapped, harassed, ect. (normal parent concerns) but my mom would be in the mall with me. I don't know how to convince her to let me shop by myself. I understand her concerns it's a HUGE mall (3rd biggest in America and has two malls if that makes sense) and some scruffy people go there as my mom would say. It's a really nice mall with Fendi, Nemin Marcus and other luxury store but it's also 20 minutes from the city. i'm going to tell her i'll have my phone on me and text or call her every 15 minutes to tell her i'm ok and stay in the same mall as her (because it has two parts) and meet up with her whenever she wants. I'm trying to think of things i'll be doing soon to show her I should maybe get some Freedom because i'm getting older. Any idea what this would be? any other tips would be great.

I know i could go with a friend but I would really love a day by myself to shop and relax.

Thanks so much for the help!

Favorite Answer

@dafne dont say yolo. I think that your idea to phone her every fifteen minutes is pretty good but if your mum doesnt like it say that you will phone or text every 10 minutes everthing ealse about your idea seems pretty good

HAVE FUN I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT... YOLO sneak ouut..

obey your mother. she wants what is best for you. :)