?
Lv 5

Fellow Christians: How come, with gay marriage in the news this week, Rick Warren seems to be silent on it?

He is supposed to be the "leader" of American evangelicals. Googling his name brings up no comments from him on gay marriage this week.

Update:

Pastor Rick Warren, wrote the "Purpose-driven Life," called "America's pastor," and spoke at Obama's first inauguration. If leaders in the Christian church don't speak out against gay marriage, then they are not exposing the works of darkness, and they are not fighting against legalizing another sin, which many will fall into.

Update 2:

@ Banana!

I know that Rick Warren is against gay marriage. But with the Supreme Court cases coming up, he should be speaking out against it. Not that the church can stop this, because our country is past that point. I am a former lesbian, now a Christian. I know that homosexuality hurts those doing it and others. Our rights come from God, and are defined by Him. Anything else is sin, and it is sin because it hurts people. God knows what hurts us, and others, and those are the things that are sin.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sorry I never heard of him. I don't know what really needs to be said, gay marriage is a sin and an abomination to God, it is pretty clear.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

People keep posting this stupid quote of his on facebook where he dodges the problem. Here's the quote:

“Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate."

HERE COMES THE CLUE TRAIN, RICK:

Nobody cares if you are a douchebag until you start pursuing laws that make their lives harder or strips their rights, such as preventing marriage. And it's hard to see someone as "loving" and "compassionate" when they're trying to strip your rights because of how you were born.

• Big Mo
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Maybe he would rather be preaching the cross of Jesus and winning souls instead of ranting over something he has no control of.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Who cares? None of you can agree on that issue anyway.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

who am I that you should ask me about him....I do not know him

God I know

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.