Can an ebay buyer still leave negative feedback if you open a case on them?

Someone has not paid me for my listing. I have the listing as "buy it now" and it has been over a week since they commited themselves to buying it. I have sent them 2 messages. Both of my messages were very polite. I said "Hello, this is just a friendly reminder that you purchased such and such item... show more Someone has not paid me for my listing. I have the listing as "buy it now" and it has been over a week since they commited themselves to buying it. I have sent them 2 messages. Both of my messages were very polite. I said "Hello, this is just a friendly reminder that you purchased such and such item on this date. Please pay no later than this date to complete your order."

Then the second message basically said the same thing, but I included a "If you wish to cancel this order, please reply back to let me know you wish to cancel."

I have not received a response, so I plan to open a case on the buyer. I have 100% positive feedback as a seller. I am a little worried that the buyer will get angry with me and ruin my reputation, all because I opened a case for not receiving payment.