Would Jesus approve of body-piercings, tattoos, and skull t-shirts?

I believe that He would not.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

"...you must not put tattoo marking upon yourselves..." Leviticus 19:28

Source(s): the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.
  • 7 years ago

No to body piercing and tattoos.

A skull t-shirt? a skull is a part of human biology.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

why wouldnt jesus approve of that. those things have nothing to do with your spirit and who u are as a person. That stuff shows creativity. people who have those things are just expressing themselves and being creative which is very important. And also jesus is a being who loves everyone no matter what. He doesnt judge

• 7 years ago

Uh, why wouldn't he. I mean maybe not the body-piercings and the tattoos, but what's wrong with skull t-shirts exactly?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

No, of course not. Anything that grieves the Holy Spirit in us would certainly not be a thing of joy for Jesus either.

• Star T
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

No.

"Consequently I entreat YOU by the compassions of God, brothers, to present YOUR bodies a sacrifice living, holy, acceptable to God, a sacred service with YOUR power of reason.  And quit being fashioned after this system of things, but be transformed by making YOUR mind over, that YOU may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12;1,2

Source(s): The bible
  • Mary
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

No. A person's body is God's temple, so all that stuff is seen to be corrupting God's temple, so naturally I'm in trouble. :/

• 7 years ago

Nah, he went through that phase too.

Dude used to listen to nothing but Crass and chatted on Myspace about Columbine and anarchy.

Now he's pretty chill though.

• 7 years ago

Why wouldn't he? Mary Magdalene had a tattoo because it was known that women from her village tattooed themselves. And if he was cool with that then why wouldn't he be cool with a tee shirt.

• 7 years ago

I've seen shirts that say "Jesus would ride" on them.

Biker stuff.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.