Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

I was baptized but still committed sins? Can I be forgiven?

I am 20 yrs. old and was baptized on August 25, 2012 .. since then I have committed a few sins; adultery (sleeping with my boyfriend / father of my 1st child) and have gotten into a few heated & physical arguments with him and little spats with my mother too. I know in The Bible it says "Honor your mother and your father" I no longer want to be a sinner and look at my boyfriend with lust in my eyes and heart, I want to wait now until after we are married, despite us having this child out of wedlock and I no longer want to be looked at as a "mean" person, argumentive and defiant especially against my mother.

I just started reading the bible a few days ago; I was reading The Old Testament, but after speaking with my pastor I decided to start on The New Testament, I'm still in the middle of Matthew; I got down on my knees and prayed to God and repented of my sins and asked that He take me under His wing and lead me and guide me so that I can DO RIGHT; I just want to make sure that I am ready when he comes back to get His people..

Am I being forgiven of my sins? Or are they too much to be forgiven for?? SERIOUS, HONEST ANSWERS PLEASE!!!

Favorite Answer

Dear Friend,

"Thank you Lord that you have revealed to one of Your own that she needs to get in "right" fellowship with you. Yes, you can be forgiven.

The word "repent" means to "stop" committing "willful" sin. Think about that. So then you may ask, "How can I stop?" Ask the Lord for the Holy Spirit to "keep" you, "protect" you from willfully sinning against a Holy God. You also need to stay away from things that tempt you to sin. Friends, TV shows, Internet sites and the like. When God examines your heart (as He does with everyone), He examines our motive and intent. Think about that. Go to the Lord and share with Him your heart. That you agree with Him that you have sinned against Him and you want to restore your relationship with Him.

You may also want to read Galatians 5:16-21 which talks about the "Works of the Flesh" and "Walking in the Spirit." Get yourself a Strong's Concordance so that you can do word searches (using a King James Version Bible) Hebrew (Old Testament) and Greek (New Testament). You can also download a FREE Bible with a Strong's Concordance from http://www.e-sword.net.

You can live a spiritual victorious life dear one. Personalize God's Word. It is His Instruction Manual for man to live a safe, abundant life in Him. God wants to commune/fellowship with you, much like He did with Adam and Eve in the Garden before the fall of man. But...we can only approach a Holy God His way...not ours. Does that make sense?

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." 1 John 3:9

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a NEW creature: OLD things are passed away; behold, all things are become ...NEW."

You need to read God's Word "everyday." Best time is in the mornings before you start your day. Get up early so there are no distractions and you can read ...and ask the Holy Spirit what it is you are to learn from what you read and how you are to apply what you learn in your daily life.

And please do not eliminate the Old Testament from your reading. You cannot have the Word of God without ...both. They are woven together in perfect tapestry.

"The New is the Old concealed;

the Old is the New revealed." --Augustine

Please e-mail me if I can be more helpful to you.

Tender blessings,

First of all I am one of Jehovah's witnesses, that being said we are all sinners according to Romans 5:12 (please read). All humans have inherited sin or imperfection from our First father Adam, because of this we all struggle with sin, be it minor or serious sins. We do however have help in this regard, at 1 John 1:8-10 (please read) says in part" If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous so as to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness".

The person we make confession to is Jehovah God in prayer, keep in mind that Jesus Christ died for all mankind as a ransom sacrifice, so that we may be forgiven of our sins, as long as we truly repent or turn away from doing wrong. Do you remember what John 3:16, says "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith might not be destroyed but have everlasting life". Yes one must exercise faith and learn about God and his son Jesus. We need to be foot step followers of Christ, not just in word but also in deed.

Jehovah's witnesses are involved in a worldwide preaching and evangelizing campaign, we offer free home Bible studies so that you can learn how to be a true follower of Christ and have a clean and clear conscience, by getting a clear understanding of the Bible and God's will for you as a person.

I encourage you to visit our website at www.jw.org to request a free home bible study. You also can download or read online an abundance of Bible based material that will help you in your personal life.

Such as How to have a happy marriage? How to raise children? What is the purpose of life? and Why does God Permit suffering? Right at your finger tips is a rich source of information, I promise you will not be disappointed.

I hope this was helpful.

Sincerely,

Eric,

yes ( matthew 18:21-35) 490 times plus.

just as long as you feel the need to repent but if you get to the point where you no longer care then that is dangerous territory - hebrews 10:26-39

so quit sinning while you are ahead and not to that point ?

• AGM

Now you need to be baptized with The Holy Spirit and Fire. Once you experience the Power of God, you wont miss sin & you wont even imagine grieving God (The Holy Spirit). But just to answer you, 1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness

I agree with your pastor for directing you to read New T. Because old contains much of what you have done.

Wait until marriage, correct. And ensure that you marry with that guy, or what is the sin of that pure baby.

How can I tell the truth, people are drowned in prejudice. That is what I can tell you as a Muslim.

• Agarax

Morality, judgement, and forgiveness don't come from gods, they come from people. If something seems wrong, don't do it. If you've hurt someone, ask their forgiveness. Stop trying to get a god to deal with your problems.

I'm not surprised you were discouraged from reading the Old Testament. When you read about the sorts of things God does in it, he doesn't come across as just, merciful, or loving.

Yes.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. First John 1:9

Of course. the Bible says that he who says he has no sin is a lier, and has no truth in him. You will never meet a perfect Christian, because they do not exist. I, and everyone else on this page is a sinner, and without the blood of Christ, a hellbound sinner.

All we must do is to confess our sins to him for forgiveness. (iJohn 1:9)

:He is Risen: good answer!

Source(s): antiochbiblesociety.org/

No sin is too much to be forgiven.God forgives and FORGETS all sins when confessed and you ask for forgiveness and honestly aim to move on.He does not condemn.Gods grace to you.You are on the right track.He has forgiven you.Don't keep feeling guilty.Just continue your walk with Him.Showing love to your mmother and people around you.Doing what is right.When you fall (cos its not going to be easy),just ask for forgiveness,dust yourself up and keep moving forward towards Him.

1

Source(s): Reading Lessons for Kids http://emuy.info/ChildrenLearningReading/?eHI8