Anonymous

Is it possible for a not asian american to be the next jackie chan or jet li?

I was wondering if not asian american people can also become as big martial arts kungfu stars like jackie chan and jet li.

Since Bruce Lee it has given me a feeling that asian people are better for such great martial arts roles.

But would you like a movie, where the kungfu master is not asian?

Favorite Answer

Hey it's America anything goes. There's no laws you need to be Asian to be a martial arts star, just be good at it and entertaining. I feel like that would sell if the story line was right or its a comedy. Try out for talent shows on TV or put videos on YouTube. YouTube makes everyone famous nowadays. Can't hurt to try.

I think Chuck Norris, Steven Segal, and Van Damme sort of pulled off the martial arts thing.

Hell, even David Carradine pulled off playing a Shaolin monk, despite being an American white guy.

• Mark

Of course. Ever hear of Chuck Norris?

By the way, Jackie Chan isn't American even by naturalisation.

yeah, now martial art roles are going to black actors such as cris tucker, will smith etc.