Help with new sugar glider?

Okay currently this is where I am. A friend gave me his kids Gilder. He warned me he's nasty and bites. I love animals and always wanted one so I took him. I noticed his tail was very short and found out as a Joey his tail got caught in a net. Any way I tried to move his house nest to put him in his new... show more Okay currently this is where I am. A friend gave me his kids Gilder. He warned me he's nasty and bites. I love animals and always wanted one so I took him.
I noticed his tail was very short and found out as a Joey his tail got caught in a net. Any way I tried to move his house nest to put him in his new cage and he made the nastiest pig squealing sound and I was afraid he would attack me.
It's been three days and now I can hand feed him food when he's out and he licks my hand but also bites it a lot and still makes the squealing sound when I go near his sleeping area. What can of behavior is that and can it be changed???