I cant handle my mums depression anymore and I dont know what to do?

We've had events happen in life in the past 5 years which have had a negative effect on the whole family... My mothers mum moving in with us after she split from her husband, mum having a big falling out with her brothers, mum and dad seperating, selling the family home, dramas of finding somewhere to... show more We've had events happen in life in the past 5 years which have had a negative effect on the whole family... My mothers mum moving in with us after she split from her husband, mum having a big falling out with her brothers, mum and dad seperating, selling the family home, dramas of finding somewhere to live.

I understand that all of this would be hard to deal with, especially since she has depression which I have too, but it's really not good for my 14 year old brother. If she's not moping around the house then she's in bed all day. My brother hasnt consistently gone to school in a long time also.

Sometimes I just want her to snap out of it or tell her what I see and how I feel but I know she'll get defensive and/or try to hurt me. She's easily insulted.

I cannot deal with it anymore. I'm sick of living in a house with no structure and miserable people. I try to take care of as much as I can so she doesn't have to but it doesn't help.

Some times I really want to move out (i'm 20 now) but I worry about my brothers well being. I wouldn't want to leave him here while mum is so emotionally unstable.

She'll come right again in about a week, then something else will trigger her depression.

I can't deal with it anymore, especially when i'm trying so hard myself not to fall back into a depressive state.