Writing a novel about the holocaust?

I'm writing a novel based on the holocaust, but added romance to it, is it wrong to do that? Can you take a true political event and add your own stuff to it?

Favorite Answer

Hi there,

Of course you can write about it. You can write about anything that you want in life. Never be told otherwise.

The holocaust, the attacks on Pearl Harbour and 9/11 all had love stories surrounding them.

It is often in the most horrific and tragic of circumstances that love prevails. It is when human's are tested to their breaking point that they often reach out to each other.

I don't know if you have seen the movie, Schindler's list? It is a story of humanity, a story of sacrifice and a story of hope. That is what love is. Well, to me it is anyway.

You can take a historical event and do whatever you like with it. If you a writing a romance, I don't see how it could cause offence to anybody. In fact, I think you are trying to do the opposite - create an inspiring piece set against the backdrop of a horrific, horrific act.

Good luck!

Source(s): Author
  • .

You can add a romance to it but I guess it depends on WHO the romance is between. Is it between 2 people of Jewish faith or a Jewish person + a Nazi? that's the real question. But really, I don't know why you would choose something like the Holocaust as a background for a romance story.It seems like Holocaust is too serious a situation for a romance to take center stage in the story. It's just weird. but I've seen questions like your before and every time I read these it makes me wonder. I have a feeling you're a female but....I wonder if you are Jewish. I'm only curious, I don't mean anything by asking.

It is legal to do so but it may not be published if the people who are in charge of the media in your country take offense to the topic of the book. But you should write what pleases you anyway. It is your book.

If it is about a jewish person and a camp guard, you know this actually happen in real life, yes? It is well known. And I do not know why you gave me thumbs down I am only telling you answer to your question, what is wrong with that.