Cassis, Bandol, Sanary Sur Mer or elsewhere?

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to france in the summer, and as we aren't keen flyers we have decided to take the eurostar to paris and then the TGV to marseille/toulon as the surrounding villages and towns look beautiful! We need help deciding whether to go to Cassis, Bandol, Sanary sur Mer, e Lavandou,... show more My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to france in the summer, and as we aren't keen flyers we have decided to take the eurostar to paris and then the TGV to marseille/toulon as the surrounding villages and towns look beautiful! We need help deciding whether to go to Cassis, Bandol, Sanary sur Mer, e Lavandou, Hyeres etc. (the list goes on!)
We are an active young couple (both age 20) who want to stay in a nice apartment/rental (ideally with a pool but if not near the beach!) and near to shops and restaurants. The place needs to have enough to keep us entertained for a week eg watersports/walks/boattrips/cycle hire nearby, and we are happy to be in a tourist-y spot rather than purely hostile locals (no offence meant but as our french is not brilliant we fear we may not be hugely popular).
Any recommendations would be hugely appreciated, and I will award best answer!
Many thanks! :)
1 answer 1